Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 11-17-2002, 02:53 PM   #1
BudoPo
BudoPo began at the beginning.

Some of the channels I download need my location (weather info, movie info, restaurants, etc).  How can I do this?  When I go to the "specify city" link on my handheld (Clie T665C), I can't enter the zip code or other info.

Thanks, and you've developed a really nice service!
Old 11-17-2002, 03:59 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Your questions refers to customizable channels. There are two ways in general to do that.

1. Through the URL, i.e. there is more information in the internet address of a web page than just the location

2. Through cookies.

I've tried to give example for each customizable channel. If you have problems, please tell me the specific channel you are referring to, then it's easier to help.

Alex