Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 02-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Do You Take Your Tab to Work?

Hello fellow techies!
Not limiting the question to just work, but do you take your tablet with you everyday? If so, what do you do with it?
Thanks!
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSheri View Post
Hello fellow techies!
Not limiting the question to just work, but do you take your tablet with you everyday? If so, what do you do with it?
Thanks!
Yep, all of my team members just finished their breaks and I have them all heading back out on various jobs and I'm getting ready to go take a break and read for a little bit.

We don't have any sort of wireless or anything we could use for personal use though so I just turn it off during the day. Pretty much it's just read a book, read some comics or play a game.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I have a rooted Nook Color and it goes to work with me. You never know when you may get a few minutes to read.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
johnseeking
keeper of the cheese
johnseeking began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet (mine), 2nd Gen Kindle 3G (wife's), Literati (kids')
I have apps on mine for keeping track of grades (I'm a chemistry teacher) and tracking my tiger cubs' achievements (I'm also a den leader.) I also keep notes and to-do lists on it, as well as the occasional (rare, usually on extended trips to the restroom) opportunities to sneak in some reading or a quick game session.
johnseeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #5
Red Alert
Zealot
Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor & Nook Tablet. Sony PRS-505 loaned to brother.
I don't work anymore, but I still carry my Nook Tablet everywhere with me. I usually make a stop or two at Starbucks and occasionally at B&N. You know, all that leisure time to burn

Red
Red Alert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
Shimarenda
Addict
Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Tablet
My wife and I work in the same department, and we take a walk together on morning and afternoon break, so I don't take my Nook or Kindle with me. After she retires May 1st, I might start. At least the Kindle. If we root the Nook like she's talking, I may have to leave that at home with her.
Shimarenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:13 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
No need to, because we have computers all over the place at work; including our break room. We also have secured and public wifi for use with mobile devices.

My tablets are for home (HP TouchPad) and vacation (Galaxy Player 5) use.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #8
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
No need to, because we have computers all over the place at work; including our break room. We also have secured and public wifi for use with mobile devices.

My tablets are for home (HP TouchPad) and vacation (Galaxy Player 5) use.
wow! i wanna work with you!
I posed the question because i take my kindle to work with me everyday. And most of the time i never get a chance to read, but I feel as if i've left my best friend at home when i don't bring it to work, so i know that i'll feel the same with my NT!
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:26 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSheri View Post
wow! i wanna work with you!
I posed the question because i take my kindle to work with me everyday. And most of the time i never get a chance to read, but I feel as if i've left my best friend at home when i don't bring it to work, so i know that i'll feel the same with my NT!
It's a large company and gets very busy.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #10
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I have a rooted Nook Color and it goes to work with me. You never know when you may get a few minutes to read.
Apache
I do the same and usually get time during lunch and occasional down time at work. The one thing I have noticed is reading on my Nook is no big deal, but if you pull out an iPad you get unwanted attention. I'm guessing they see an iPad and figure you are going to be playing games on it. So I leave that at home and take my Nook Color or Classic to work.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:52 AM   #11
temetka
Enthusiast
temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1st Gen.
I take my Nook Color everywhere with me. It's running CM7 at the moment, but I am seriously considering returning it stock firmware 1.3.1 and rooting it. This little guy has completely replaced all my other gadgets except my cellphone and PC. I have a laptop but I hardly ever use it anymore. I keep it around in case I have to use it to help me fix a friend or family members computer of for going to clients. I do freelance computer consulting for small businesses.

I really feel like I have forgotten something essential if I don't have my Nook with me. I know it is strange to other people, but I have genuine feelings for it. It's been a good friend to me for a very long time and it is helping me to cope with my upcoming divorce. I would feel totally lost without it.
temetka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #12
azazel1024
Groupie
azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook simple touch, iPad 2
I feel like posting in this thread even though I don't own a tab

My iPad 2, I take to work most days in my briefcase. I generally watch 20-30 minutes of a movie, a short TV show or part of a longer one, maybe play a bit of a casual game, what not on my lunch break.

My nook simple touch also ususally comes with me. If the weather is crappy outside instead of walking the last half of my lunch hour I'll read for 30 minutes. Also later in the day if things slow down and I don't have much to work on, I might read at my desk some as well. Probably average another 30 minutes of reading if you average out all the days.

My nook ST is just small enough with its cover to fit in pretty much all my jacket pockets, so it comes with me most places if I am going to be out and about for a day or if I don't want to take my briefcase to work. iPad 2 is just too big for that, and at least looking at one, a nook tab/color also looks like it would be just a bit too big to carry most places for me.
azazel1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #13
Geekie
Tech Lover
Geekie began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I very seldom leave my Nook at home so yes it does go to work with me and just about everywhere else:-)
Geekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #14
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I do but very occasionally. I almost never bring the Nook Color, though. For productivity, the HP TouchPad or iPad 2 just works better for me.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote