Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-24-2022, 07:14 AM   #1
Safowan191
Safowan191 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 4gb 12.2.2
Unhappy Update button greyed out for installing MKK (PW2 12.2.2)

Hi I jailbroke my Kindle paperwhite 2 (4gb) 12.2.2 with the WatchThis tutorial, and I want to download KOReader and Screensaver hack. However, I will need KUAL, which requires MKK. When installing MKK, at the last step the update button is greyed out. What can I do?
Safowan191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 08:18 AM   #2
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, KV, KOA3
I think you mean Firmware version 5.12.2.2.

Since your software is > 5.9.x, then you don't need MKK. You need MPRI instead. Please check the KUAL thread, under the section "Important notice for KOA/KT3/KOA2/PW4/KT4 owners, as well as *anything* that might be running FW >= 5.9.x:".

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=203326
tekkasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2022, 11:09 AM   #3
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
@tekkasit Well, on newer firmware you actually still need te stuff that in the past was inside MKK package only now that stuff is packaged inside the hotfix (and also "jailbreak bridge" installer IIRC?) package and is "bridged" /reinstalled alongside other jailbreak stuff after a firmware update.

@Safowan191 Download and install the latest version of hotfix bin package from the Snapshots thread. And while you're there also download the largest version of (booklet version of) KUAL (coplate?).
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 02:53 PM   #4
Safowan191

MRPI not installing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkasit View Post
I think you mean Firmware version 5.12.2.2.

Since your software is > 5.9.x, then you don't need MKK. You need MPRI instead. Please check the KUAL thread, under the section "Important notice for KOA/KT3/KOA2/PW4/KT4 owners, as well as *anything* that might be running FW >= 5.9.x:".

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=203326
Ok so I downloaded the MRPI file from snapshots but the instructions were unclear. In the tar.xz file I found kual-mrinstaller-1.7.N-r18982.tar, which I pasted into the root of my kindle, and then ejected my kindle. Update my kindle button is greyed out. What have I done wrong?
Old 11-24-2022, 03:12 PM   #5
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safowan191 View Post
Ok so I downloaded the MRPI file from snapshots but the instructions were unclear. In the tar.xz file I found kual-mrinstaller-1.7.N-r18982.tar, which I pasted into the root of my kindle, and then ejected my kindle. Update my kindle button is greyed out. What have I done wrong?
You have to extract the bin file from the tar file and copy the bin file to your kindle.

See message #8 below.

Last edited by j.p.s; 11-25-2022 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Nevermind
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2022, 04:39 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Small typo(s) in the above . So, if starting from scratch:

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
You have to extract the tar file from the tar.xz file and extract and copy the bin file from the resulting tar file to your kindle.
i.e., get a decent unarchiver to make the process clearer (or, better, something that actually handles compressed tarballs in a single pass).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 05:34 PM   #7
Safowan191

I have 7z but when I open the .tar file I get:
extensions (folder)
mrpackages (folder)
ChangeLog.txt
VERSION (no file extension)

I don't see a bin file, and I am on windows 10. Which folder is it in?
Old 11-25-2022, 12:47 AM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Oops, I got sucked in assuming we were talking about an update package, not MRPI itself, my bad ;o).

No .bin then, just drop all of this (well, technically, only the extensions & mrpackages folders matter) in the root of your Kindle over USB.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 05:15 AM   #9
Safowan191

Thank you so much NiLuJe!