Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-15-2019, 03:08 PM   #3826
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New Test Version Posted

2019-11-08
- Add site specific chapterslashtotal and chapterstotal for adapter_archiveofourownorg.

chapterslashtotal is populated with 1/3, 1/1, 3/? etc, whatever AO3 says after "Chapter:"

chapterstotal is created from it in defaults.ini because that's just easier than going the other way.

Neither new entry will show up by default anywhere until you configure them to. Be that with custom_columns_settings or titlepage_entries.
Hi,
thanks for that feature. What kind of column should I choose for chapterslashtotal? I think "Integers" wont work.
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:12 PM   #3827
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILB View Post
Hi,
thanks for that feature. What kind of column should I choose for chapterslashtotal? I think "Integers" wont work.
Text (first on the list) should be fine. Or chapterstotal is just the second number if you do want an integer.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:47 PM   #3828
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

OK, I created a column "chapterslashtotal" with type "text" but somehow i can´t get it filled.

I added
Quote:
## chapterslashtotal contains 1/3 or 1/1 or 3/? etc as reported by AO3.
## chapterstotal is just the total chapters part after the /
include_in_chapterstotal:chapterslashtotal.NOREPL
add_to_replace_metadata:
chapterstotal=>^([0-9])/(.+)$=>\2
in my personal.ini and added it to "extra_valid_entries: chapterslashtotal, chapterstotal,"

--> Found it
I tried it with "add_to_custom_columns_settings: "
but "custom_columns_settings: " worked

Last edited by ILB; 11-15-2019 at 03:54 PM. Reason: found solution
Old 11-15-2019, 04:09 PM   #3829
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
OK, I created a column "chapterslashtotal" with type "text" but somehow i can´t get it filled.
You shouldn't need to add chapterstotal yourself--it's already in defaults.ini.

(edit) And you'll be removing all the other site-specific metadata, of which AO3 has many.

The difference between add_to_custom_columns_settings and custom_columns_settings is documented in the wiki.

Short version: If this is your only custom_columns_settings it doesn't matter. If you use other custom_columns_settings, in [defaults], probably want add_to_custom_columns_settings.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 11-15-2019 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Add line about removing other site-specific.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:14 PM   #3830
ILB
Groupie

Quote:
You shouldn't need to add chapterstotal yourself--it's already in defaults.ini.
No I only got the lines I added manually.

Quote:
(edit) And you'll be removing all the other site-specific metadata, of which AO3 has many.

The difference between add_to_custom_columns_settings and custom_columns_settings is documented in the wiki.

Short version: If this is your only custom_columns_settings it doesn't matter. If you use other custom_columns_settings, in [defaults], probably want add_to_custom_columns_settings.
Thanks, good to know.
I changed it back to add_to_custom_columns_settings and now it works there too...
It did not work before

Does it make a difference if extra_valid_entries: comes before add_to_custom_columns_settings or after?
Old 11-15-2019, 05:35 PM   #3831
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Does it make a difference if extra_valid_entries: comes before add_to_custom_columns_settings or after?
In the same section it shouldn't. But having a blank space at the beginning of each line in custom_columns_settings is necessary, not just adornment.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:13 PM   #3832
ILB
Groupie

The blank space is/was there.

I´ve got no clue why it didn´t work before with add_to_custom_columns_settings- but the main thing is that it works now.
Thanks for your help!
Old 11-17-2019, 12:42 PM   #3833
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2019-11-17
- Remove feature to save cookiejar between downloads and BG jobs--causes some obscure problems with QQ at least. Closes #466

I might revisit this again, but for now, I'm just backing it out.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:03 PM   #3834
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2019-11-18
- Add <div class='fff_chapter_notes'> around AO3 chapter head/foot notes. Issue 447

Actually, it's:
<div class="fff_chapter_notes fff_head_notes"> ... </div>
<div class="fff_chapter_notes fff_foot_notes"> ... </div>

Previously, the AO3 chapter head/foot notes didn't have their own enclosing tag.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:43 PM   #3835
ILB
Groupie

Quote:
New Test Version Posted

Included in defaults.ini:
Code:
chapterslashtotal_label:Chapters/Total Chapters
chapterstotal_label:Total Chapters
## chapterslashtotal contains 1/3 or 1/1 or 3/? etc as reported by AO3.
## chapterstotal is just the total chapters part after the /
include_in_chapterstotal:chapterslashtotal.NOREPL
add_to_replace_metadata:
 chapterstotal=>^([0-9])/(.+)$=>\2
It the first number from chapterslashtotal (i.e. 11/11) is more than one digit I get chapterslashtotal in chapterstotal.
Click image for larger version

Name:	two digits first.PNG
Views:	122
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	175021

Only if the first number is only one digit (i.e. 6/6 or 8/30) does it works

Name:	one digit first.PNG
Views:	121
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	175022
Old 11-19-2019, 02:21 PM   #3836
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2019-11-19
- Fix AO3 chapterstotal replace_metadata for multi digits.

Quote:
It the first number from chapterslashtotal (i.e. 11/11) is more than one digit I get chapterslashtotal in chapterstotal.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:00 PM   #3837
ILB
Groupie

Quote:
New Test Version Posted

2019-11-19
- Fix AO3 chapterstotal replace_metadata for multi digits.
Thanks!
Old 11-22-2019, 07:58 AM   #3838
Ryune
Enthusiast
Ryune began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950, IPhone, Oasis 2
So I have a question, is there any way to modify the way the FFF button works? I don't think I have ever used it to update books. Can I set it so it just opens up the drop down menu instead of updating the selected books?
Ryune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 01:39 PM   #3839
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I keep getting this error when downloading from AO3. As far as I can tell it's not link specific since it can download the story when I try on a different time.

Code:
HTTP Error 429: Too Many Requests
I've tried adding the time-out from FFnet but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 02:17 PM   #3840
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryune View Post
So I have a question, is there any way to modify the way the FFF button works? I don't think I have ever used it to update books. Can I set it so it just opens up the drop down menu instead of updating the selected books?
There is an option to make it give you 'Download from URLs' all the time: under FFF's config GUI Options, uncheck 'Default to Update when books selected?'.

There isn't an option to always get the drop down. In theory, there could be; I'll look into it.

What I personally do is use a bunch of custom keyboard short cuts:

Name:	keys.png
Views:	194
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	175066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I keep getting this error when downloading from AO3. As far as I can tell it's not link specific since it can download the story when I try on a different time.

Code:
HTTP Error 429: Too Many Requests
I've tried adding the time-out from FFnet but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Adding/increasing slow_down_sleep_time setting is about the only FFF change that might help. However, if you've already done enough downloads to trip a throttling mechanism, it might not help for a few minutes/hours/days/???

The other most likely option is a problem at AO3. A quick look at the front page of AO3 shows this as the second news item: Intermittent site slowness.

So I would suggest patience.

(Mostly) Unrelated: AO3 won the 2019 Hugo Award in the category of Best Related Work. Wow, congrats to AO3!

Tags
fanfiction