Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
Paulc15
Paulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Kindle DX , iPad 1, Kobo Vox
If a pdf won't epub, try this (on a Mac)

Having been frustrated with a pdf (which is made up of lots of pngs when you use the zip method mentioned elsewhere??) that won't convert in calibre, I had an idea.

I opened the pdf in Preview, selected all the pages, and cropped one of the pages reasonably tight against the text. This crops them all. I then dragged it into Kobo reader "drive".

The resultant text is still on the small side, but readable. The benefit is that you keep all the diagrams, layout and footnotes.

Hope this helps someone else.

Paulc
Paulc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
hgreen
hgreen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulc15 View Post
Having been frustrated with a pdf (which is made up of lots of pngs when you use the zip method mentioned elsewhere??) that won't convert in calibre, I had an idea.

I opened the pdf in Preview, selected all the pages, and cropped one of the pages reasonably tight against the text. This crops them all. I then dragged it into Kobo reader "drive".

The resultant text is still on the small side, but readable. The benefit is that you keep all the diagrams, layout and footnotes.

Paulc
Great idea. Thanks!
hgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #3
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
PDF reflow's coming soon guys. Heard that loud and clear
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #4
anidel
Zealot
anidel doesn't litteranidel doesn't litter

Device: Kobo,Nokia N900
Source / link ?
anidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:14 AM   #5
Paulc15
Paulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Kindle DX , iPad 1, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
PDF reflow's coming soon guys. Heard that loud and clear
Exams are coming sooner...
Paulc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #6
canreader
canreader began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulc15 View Post

Paulc
This was very helpful ... thanks!
canreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:16 PM   #7
yawar
yawar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Awesome idea! This helps tremendously when I need to get rid of the margins the browser seems to force on me when printing to PDF.
yawar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub pdf kobo mac