Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-31-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
barbmohr
barbmohr began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600 sony
help me please ADE Sony prs 600 mac OSX

Here we go, I will do my best to explain my problem and hope for a solution. I received a sony prs 600. I attached it to my mac book and it was their, no problems in purchasing books from the sony store and transferring them. Here is my problem, I can get e-books for free from my library. So I follow the directions, and install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE), download a book using "overdrive" and voila it is their, I can read it on the mac in ADE, whats the problem? I can't get it into the Sony PRS-600. Adobe tells me to drag and drop it into my device, fine, my device does not show up in ADE at all. Next problem, I am not very computer smart, and not mac smart at all, if you give me advice such as open terminal and edit, it had better be very KISS with very explicit directions.
I have registered my reader and I am registered with Adobe. This is making me nuts, in general I plug in and no problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and If I can help any one I will do so.
barbmohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
For some reason ADE on Macs does not recognize the 300, 600,or 900. This is a common problem. To get your library books on your Reader, just open the Reader Library and import the book files, then transfer them to your device. Next time instead of having library books automatically open in ADE, use the Reader Library instead.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
barbmohr
barbmohr began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600 sony
Your a beatifull saint

I really wanted the sony e-reader so I could download from my public library with out having to leave the house when it's so bitter cold. It worked like a charm. Well almost for some reason it duplicated all the books on the reader, but better to many than none.
barbmohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbmohr View Post
I really wanted the sony e-reader so I could download from my public library with out having to leave the house when it's so bitter cold. It worked like a charm. Well almost for some reason it duplicated all the books on the reader, but better to many than none.
Glad it worked! The duplicate books are because of the sync feature. Don't use it. Just drag and drop your books and delete books from the Reader itself.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #5
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Glad it worked! The duplicate books are because of the sync feature. Don't use it. Just drag and drop your books and delete books from the Reader itself.
You'll need to use EBL to copy files you got from a Library to your Reader. There's a extra bit of information that is not contained within the files for the library files.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
ade prs 600, overdirve