Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
leaperk
leaperk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
kepub locking up

So I just bought The Twelve by Justin Cronin and my Kobo Touch seems to be locking up when switching chapters on the book, moving between chapter five and six seems to lockup the device most of the time. I am running firmware 2.1.5. Anyone else experiencing this problem? I am holding off on doing a factory reset.
leaperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Have you considered testing the ePub file or deleted and redownloaded the kepub file?
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
leaperk
leaperk began at the beginning.

I did forget to mention that the first thing that I did was delete and downloaded the file again via the Kobo Desktop.
leaperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is it happening between most chapters or just 5 and 6? If it's between a specific pair, that would suggest something messed up in the file (maybe the original file which is why redownloading didn't help) and factory reset won't help. Same would actually hold true if it's just changing chapters in that particular book.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote