Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
pakoelchako
pakoelchako began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Kindle not recognizing docs after update

Hi guys. I recently updated my Kindle to software version 6.3.1, and it brought along trouble with many pdf books I already had into my sd card. The problem is that when I open the docs or the books tab, the Kindle doesn't find anything, but when I use root explorer and go to the Books folder, I can access any file I want to. What can I do?
pakoelchako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I've been having the same problem, more or less. I took a mobi file, dropped it into both docs and books and restarted my Fire, but it didn't show up. I ended up emailing it to my Fire and letting Amazon do its magic. It showed up then.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
6.3.1, kindle fire, update