Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-18-2007, 03:45 PM   #1
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Is it possible to set margins?

I found out how to remove the white lines between paragraphs, but is it also possible to set the margins for HTML files, or when you convert them to Mobipocket? They are ok but I wouldn't mind them a bit smaller.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:16 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL View Post
I found out how to remove the white lines between paragraphs, but is it also possible to set the margins for HTML files, or when you convert them to Mobipocket? They are ok but I wouldn't mind them a bit smaller.
This came up in another thread someplace and with the current firmware, you cannot change the margins.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2007, 02:43 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Margins in MP are set by the reader, rather than being specified by the book (unlike paragraph spacing, which is defined in the book.

At present, the Gen3's Mobi reader doesn't permit you to set margins. Hopefully a future versions will. I'd urge anyone who wants this to send an e-mail to Bookeen to express their wish.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:20 AM   #4
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Thanks guys! I will indeed send an email to Bookeen about it.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:22 PM   #5
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Margins in MP are set by the reader, rather than being specified by the book (unlike paragraph spacing, which is defined in the book.
They can be set in the book also but the cybook reader does not respect this setting. Here is how to set margins:

http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...le=margins.htm
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2007, 09:41 PM   #6
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
The desktop reader lets you adjust margins. What if you adjust them there and then export the book to the cybook? Will that do anything?

I think the software needs to let us adjust our own margins, like it lets us adjust font sizes. To each his own. I don't think margins should be pre-set while making a book, unless the book is just for you. These books have to display well on many different devices and have to please many different readers.

Feedbooks creates pdf files to your own settings, including the size of the document, margins, font size, etc. You can play with the settings to fit your reader the way you like it. I've just made one 50mm square and sure enough, that's the size. Of course feedbooks is only for public domain or creative common documents.
http://www.feedbooks.com/
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:51 PM   #7
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Why exactly did my post on this thread just disappear??
Old 12-19-2007, 10:09 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
Why exactly did my post on this thread just disappear??
It didn't disappear. It was moderated because you have so few posts and your post contained a link. I've approved it so it will show up now.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:46 PM   #9
cmbs
non-believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It didn't disappear. It was moderated because you have so few posts and your post contained a link. I've approved it so it will show up now.
Ok. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:01 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
The desktop reader lets you adjust margins. What if you adjust them there and then export the book to the cybook? Will that do anything?

I think the software needs to let us adjust our own margins, like it lets us adjust font sizes. To each his own. I don't think margins should be pre-set while making a book, unless the book is just for you. These books have to display well on many different devices and have to please many different readers.

Feedbooks creates pdf files to your own settings, including the size of the document, margins, font size, etc. You can play with the settings to fit your reader the way you like it. I've just made one 50mm square and sure enough, that's the size. Of course feedbooks is only for public domain or creative common documents.
http://www.feedbooks.com/
Margin cannot be adjusted in the Mobireader on the Cybook. Any adjustment will be ignored. This is a limitation of the current reader and this has been answered over and over in this thread.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote