Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
Gingerbread
Gingerbread began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Books from Calibre go into Documents category on my Kindle Fire

When I add books to my kindle fire using Calibre, it puts all of my books under my kindle's document section. Anyone know how to fix this so that they go under the books section and I can get better organization on my kindle?
Gingerbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
You need to either remove the PDOC tag or replace it with EDOC

If you haven't done so yet, install Calibre.

Click on Preferences -> Output Options -> MOBI Output -> (under Kindle Options) Remove PDOC tag from "Personal Doc Tag" or replace with EDOC.

Convert Mobi -> Mobi.

Upload.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

Device: none
IMHO, it's "EBOK" not "EDOC".
@Gingerbread, you can also try this tool (scroll to the first post) instead of reconverting.
atjnjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by atjnjk View Post
IMHO, it's "EBOK" not "EDOC".
@Gingerbread, you can also try this tool (scroll to the first post) instead of reconverting.
Yes, it's EBOK not EDOC.

Also, here is the line for the whole thread, rather than just one post, about the Java Metadata Editor.

It should be noted that regardless of how you build the book, if you email it to the Fire through Amazon's service it will be re-tagged as PDOC and appear in Documents. You have to send it via USB if you want it to retain the EBOK tag.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
books, calibre, documents, kindle fire