Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 01:50 AM   #1
Debby
Connoisseur
Debby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Sony & ipad
Database Exception error - "malformed"

Hello,

Um, not certain what I have done now! I have been working on creating separate libraries for family, work, etc.

Since installing 7.45 I have been receiving "database locked errors"

System: Windows 7, Calibre 7.45 and now I receiving the following error (which sadly I do not understand) - was connected to itunes when it happened and was converting a book to epub:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\choose_library.py", line 97, in accept
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\choose_library.py", line 72, in perform_action
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\choose_library.py", line 386, in choose_library_callback
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 431, in library_moved
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 165, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 389, in initialize_dynamic
File "site-packages\calibre\library\caches.py", line 716, in refresh
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 251, in run
DatabaseException: database disk image is malformed
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 215, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 117, in get
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

I tried creating a new library and importing the books from the primary library but only a small portion came over.

thanks.....
Debby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:22 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
According to that error message you were trying to switch to a different library and the library your were switching to is corrupted.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
Debby
Connoisseur
Debby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enough

For the future - What causes corruption? Is there away I can figure out if it is a specific file?

I will restore the database from a previous version.

Thank you.

Last edited by Debby; 02-18-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
For the future - What causes corruption? Is there away I can figure out if it is a specific file?
The database is the file called metadata.db in your library folder. As to what causes corruption - I've been using Calibre daily for a year+, and I've never encountered corruption. I upgrade regularly, I modify code, I run beta code from others, I switch libraries and none of those things has ever caused any corruption. Are you doing anything that might directly access the database? Backups? DropBox? Antivirus messages about Calibre or metadata.db?

Last edited by Starson17; 02-18-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
Debby
Connoisseur

No messages or dropbox and I back up my metadata nightly. The only "new" additions are some regrex expressions for importing books and I installed 3 new plugins. Goodreads metadata and covers and book sync. I removed book sync immediately after my database froze. But, since then I am having trouble with ALL libraries. I just repaired Calibre and am using a restored backup version to test.

I agree it is strange that I seem to encounter "locked" databases often.
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
I agree it is strange that I seem to encounter "locked" databases often.
Perhaps an antivirus is aggressively locking it up? You might try excluding it from your antivirus monitoring.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:39 PM   #7
Debby
Connoisseur

Thanks - just checked , it was already done.

Tags
database errors, database locked, malformed