Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-27-2024, 07:17 PM   #556
gandoe
Enthusiast
gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
Laura,

You mentioned that I can use Kindle for PC with new books. I currently run KfPc v1.17.1, which had worked with the original DeDRM . I was able to download books in that app, and then import in to Calibre. However, more recently published books now show an error msg when attempting to download: "Kindle app requires an update to download".

Are you saying that if I install an more recent verision of KfPC, I will be able to download azw ebook files, and then import into Calibre?

TIA
Ed
gandoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 07:55 PM   #557
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandoe View Post
Are you saying that if I install an more recent verision of KfPC, I will be able to download azw ebook files, and then import into Calibre?
You will need the newest version of K4PC, calibre, the KFX Input plugin and the updated DeDRM plugin. You will be downloading KFX format ebooks—K4PC downloads Mobi, AZW3/KF8 and KFX as .azw, Amazon alone knows why.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2024, 08:16 AM   #558
gandoe
Enthusiast
gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
Thank you for the response and information. I'll back up, and then update.
gandoe is offline   Reply With Quote