Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-15-2017, 07:26 AM   #301
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank reader View Post
I'm getting weird graphics corruption in some circumstances, a fuzzy black bar drawn over the bottom the display when I'm using certain features, principally the on screen keyboard, but other areas such as adding collections. If I know where the UI element is I can navigate past it. It appears to be happening on both of my N905.
And this is after a factory reset and update using the kobo desktop.
Has anyone else seen this?
Yes, it's a known problem with recent firmware and the Touch. It happens with my N905 and I believe it also happens with the N905B. I don't think I have seen any reports of it with the N905C. Kobo know about it. Hopefully they will be able to fix it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:48 AM   #302
darthyoda6
Connoisseur
darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 10th Gen, Kindle 7th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Of course. That means that two indexes in the database are broken. Doing a compress of the database usually fixes this. I suggest taking a backup of the database and then running the compress. Both of these functions are in the plugin.

It was added in the latest release which was last week.

And if you were only doing the series info, you can let the drivers handle that automatically.
I ran the backup and compress a couple of days ago, but still get that error.

And I only intermittently get the series info showing up on the Kobo, till I started using your tool to do it.
darthyoda6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:54 AM   #303
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthyoda6 View Post
I ran the backup and compress a couple of days ago, but still get that error.

And I only intermittently get the series info showing up on the Kobo, till I started using your tool to do it.
I had a problem with an index at some point and compression didn't solve it. In the end, I used a sqllite tool to rebuild the index.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:54 PM   #304
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
I just played with this on my KA1. If I'm pressing to the left, on the chapter TITLE then it didn't work. If I press to the right, on the OF between the pg x of y, it works consistently.
robko--Thanks for posting that! I tried pressing just to the right of "Of" and I can get it to work fairly consistently. :-)
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware upgrade