Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-15-2019, 10:55 AM   #136
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
I think they probably disassemble some of the older items they take as trade-ins to reuse (recycle) the electronic components.
Lol, I think they resell them on Woot.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:58 AM   #137
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
When I go to the item page and click on "upgrade", it shows my Dot 3 as eligible; it's worth $5.
Oh! That's new; I've checked several times, the last being just a few weeks ago when I picked up a Dot3 with a special offer that was too good to miss. Thanks!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2019, 11:33 AM   #138
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Lol, I think they resell them on Woot.
I know you think you know everything and that the rest of us are not too bright, neither of which is correct, but there is a big industry recycling parts from old electronics. From a business perspective it would make sense, if for no other reason than the metals. Amazon seems more likely to adopt this eco-friendly approach than many companies. I’m sure some, perhaps many, of the devices are resold as is, but many items do get refurbished, and some likely do get disassembled for parts whether you can fathom that or not.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:43 AM   #139
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
I know you think you know everything and that the rest of us are not too bright, neither of which is correct, but there is a big industry recycling parts from old electronics. From a business perspective it would make sense, if for no other reason than the metals. Amazon seems more likely to adopt this eco-friendly approach than many companies. I’m sure some, perhaps many, of the devices are resold as is, but many items do get refurbished, and some likely do get disassembled for parts whether you can fathom that or not.
I was joking (hence, the smiley). I apologize if you were offended.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:59 PM   #140
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
You've got nothing to apologize for; you were obviously joking and that response was uncalled for even if you weren't.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2019, 07:21 PM   #141
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
I saw a code on Facebook to get the Fire Tv 4k Stick for 24.99 (the BF price) so I put in my trade in and the code, and they gave me 20% off the list price, plus .99 for my trade in, resulting in the new device costing about $15.

I initiated the trade in for the tablet, so it will be (is) in place for the price drop on the tablets on Nov 22.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:37 PM   #142
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
I knew you were joking also. No need to apologize.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:44 PM   #143
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I knew it was a joke the first time I read your post. Some people do not understand humour.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:36 PM   #144
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Newegg Black Friday --> ad scan
  • Blk Fri -- Mo 25 Nov @ 12am ET

Newegg Black Friday Ad Posted!
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    We just posted the 19-page Newegg Black Friday ad scan!

Prices will be valid from 12:01AM on Monday, November 25th through Black Friday.

>snip<

Make sure you subscribe to Newegg's email notifications. They often send out email exclusive coupon codes and have been known to send out codes for prices even better than what is in their Black Friday ad!

more...
Discount Programs -- save additional money by using these offers

SmartphonesComputersDigital Storage
  • mSD Flash Card -- 08 | 09
  • USB Flash Drive -- 08 | 09
  • Ext Hard Drives -- 09
  • Int Hard Drives -- 06 | 08 | 09
Accessories
  • BT Spkrs --- 18

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-23-2019 at 07:56 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 02:28 PM   #145
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Microsoft BF Sneak Peek --> ad scan
  • Online -- Th 28 Nov @ 12am ET
  • Store --- Fri 29 Nov @ TBA local
  • Note ---- sales start at 12am ET and end at 11:59pm ET (unless otherwise specified)

Microsoft Black Friday Sneak Peek Posted!
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    We just posted the 2-page Microsoft Black Friday Sneak Peek Ad!

Microsoft is running a Black Friday "sneak peak" at their deals right now. As stated on their website, most deals will start November 28th at 12AM ET. You can sign up for their email alerts to make sure you get first access and a gentle reminder when it is time to go shop.

While some things are technically still on sale right now, it's not anything we would recommend hopping on immediately. According to our ad leak timeline, the official Black Friday ad dropped on November 11th last year. Hold off for the full list and get those credit cards ready!

more...

Tablets
  • SALE -- ad scan -- MS Surface
  • SALE -- ad scan --
eReaders
  • SALE -- ad scan --
  • SALE -- ad scan --
Media Players
  • SALE -- ad scan --
  • SALE -- ad scan --
Smartphones
  • Sam Galaxy -- 02
  • brand --
Computers
  • Acer -- 02
  • ASUS -- 02
  • HP.com -- 01
  • Lenovo -- 02
  • Microsoft -- 01
  • brand --
Digital Storage
  • mSD Flash Card --
  • USB Flash Drive --
  • Ext Hard Drives --
  • Int Hard Drives --
Accessories
  • BT Spkrs ---
  • Gift Cards --
  • Pwr Bank --

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-16-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:55 AM   #146
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon’s Black Friday Deals Week is Almost Here

See Amazon's BF post for a listing of their tech deals.

Quote:
Kicking off this Friday, November 22, Amazon’s Black Friday deals week will offer new deals all day, every day from fashion to toys, home, electronics, Amazon Devices and more
Quote:
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 18, 2019-- (NASDAQ:AMZN) – Amazon today shared a sneak peek of top deals for its Black Friday deals week, which will offer customers new deals all day, every day totaling thousands of amazing deals across every category, plus more Deals of the Day and deeper discounts than ever before. Starting this Friday, November 22 through November 29 (Black Friday), customers can shop thousands of incredible deals on this year’s most popular gifts, new and trending finds, holiday essentials, and more, across toys, electronics, fashion, beauty, kitchen, home, Amazon Devices and more. All of Amazon’s Black Friday deals can be found by visiting amazon.com/blackfriday or on the Amazon App. Customers can also shop on smile.amazon.com/blackfriday to find the same amazing deals and Amazon shopping experience, with the added bonus that AmazonSmile will donate a portion of the purchase price of eligible products to a charity of your choice.

On top of the wide selection of deals and discounts available throughout Amazon’s week of Black Friday deals, customers can also take advantage of select one-time-only, amazing deals from top-tier and most-loved brands across electronics, home, fashion, toys and more, all at jaw-dropping prices. These deals are expected to sell out, with new one-time only deals launching throughout the day on November 28 (Thanksgiving), November 29 (Black Friday) and December 2 (Cyber Monday).

more...
Old 11-18-2019, 02:45 PM   #147
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Army/Air Force Exchange Black Friday --> ad scan
  • BF/CM -- Th 28 Nov ~ 05 Dec

• Online -- Th 28 Nov @ 12am ET
  • Store --- Fri 29 Nov @ 6am local
  • Cyber --- Th 02~05 Dec

AAFES Black Friday Ad Posted!
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    We just posted the 60-page AAFES Black Friday ad scan!

AAFES is splitting their sale into a lot of different parts and will have special offers for each day. There will be item specific sales for Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Saturday, Cyber Monday, and the following two days until December 2nd. In short, they will have a sale running from November 28th through December 2nd.

You will be able to start shopping online at 12AM CST on any one of the days included in this sale and AAEFES will open their doors at 6AM Black Friday. They do not have a start time listed for their Saturday sale so you may want to check your local store.

more...

Tablets
Media Players
Smartphones
  • Samsung Galaxy -- 15

Computers
  • 28 Nov -- 01 | 07 -- Acer, Apple, HP, MSI
  • 29 Nov -- 10 | 40 -- Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP
  • 30 Nov -- 41 | 43 -- Apple, ASUS, MSI
  • 02 Dec -- 53 | 59 -- Apple, MSI

Accessories
  • BT Spkrs --- 12
  • BT Spkrs --- 41 -- starts 30 Nov
  • Pwr Bank -- 15 -- 29 Nov only

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-26-2019 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:15 AM   #148
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I know it's been a while since I shopped for a new PC or laptop. This has been driven home to me by the total lack of DVD/BluRay drives

Despite telling myself I only need something to use to access the internet I keep finding other options I want and straying out of the budget I set.

Decisions, decisions...
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 07:45 AM   #149
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I know it's been a while since I shopped for a new PC or laptop. This has been driven home to me by the total lack of DVD/BluRay drives

Despite telling myself I only need something to use to access the internet I keep finding other options I want and straying out of the budget I set.

Decisions, decisions...
I've been checking Dell and HP every day for the desktop I want, and yesterday Dell dropped $80 - you might want to take a look there. They gouge you on SSD and video cards but basic systems aren't too bad.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:02 AM   #150
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Sold out.

I just started thinking about possibly getting a inexpensive laptop with Windows 10. Still undecided.
Today's Best Buy daily doorbuster is another Win10 Lenovo Ideapad. For $130 you get a 14" screen (same resolution), a slightly more powerful AMD A6 (I assume it might have better video than the Celeron but not sure), and most importantly 4GB vs. 2GB RAM.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-...?skuId=6359222
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote