Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-26-2013, 03:15 AM   #24556
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Just finished my first (and only) Coca-Cola of the day.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #24557
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Black coffee in my cup.

I've been in my new house for almost a month now, and still I'm not finished unpacking. I'm missing a bag of shoes, and I'm having to get a used thermostat installed in my oven because they don't make this one anymore and getting a new stove would entail tearing out cabinetry. (It's a 1960's drop-in 27" electric range. The only one made today to fit that space is $1200 and up. Can't afford it.) In spite of all of this, I finally feel at home, you know? All the little quirks and problems -- they are MY little quirks and problems. I like waking up and planning my day. I've joined a new very active and mission-oriented church. The animals seem to have settled in. Life is good.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #24558
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yep Betty, you nailed it. Its yours to make what you will of it. Congrats again.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #24559
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Iced water.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #24560
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Second steeping so far of my Imperial Keemun.

Phone interview today for a 2 month gig. Fingers crossed. Also an indication that there might well be more from this source in FY14 (July->June is the fiscal year), but no commitments. None the less, just the 2 months will help.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #24561
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Good luck with the job. Only iced water in my cup.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #24562
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Glass of Aberlour. Rough day at work.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #24563
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
@Betty: Good for you.....go for it, girl!
@CRussel: good luck on the job prospects

(just spend a miserable hour as my iPad wouldn't synchronize and I lost all my books; well....I managed to fix it, but....I'm becoming way too dependent on electronics, I guess)

in my cup: cold coffee
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #24564
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

....and preparing for tuesday, when we get a new King in our country.
http://www.iamsterdam.com/en-GB/expe...tions-30-april
At 7 in the morning I'll be present in the nearby park where is a huge Vrijmarkt, where everyone can sell their knick-knacks; a kind of garage sale but huge.....

I bought the Oranjebitter: (30 % alcohol )Oranjebitter has the peels of the Orange-apple, which are the main substance of this typical Dutch product. Orangebitter is meant to drink at celebrations around the Royal Family, the House of Orange. It is distilled from bitter oranges, these are known for their huge sour taste, malaga peel and a hint of anise esprit.

And I am going to buy a lot of orange tompouces, to eat with the oranjebitter at ten in the morning, watching the TV when the new King is crowned. I invited some friends to join me.....should be fun.

In the afternoon I'm going in the town; to watch the music, to go to another Free market, watch the children have fun, have a drink somewhere, some more tompouces perhaps.

edit: forgot the photo's

Last edited by desertblues; 05-06-2015 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #24565
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Betty - It sounds like you are feeling really at home now.

Charlie - for you.

desertblues - Have fun during the celebrations...

Coffee in my cup and trying to decide if I will actually do anything today or just ignore the world and do my own thing.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #24566
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Will you get new coins too?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #24567
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Will you get new coins too?
Well, same coins but another 'head' on it and a special coin for the occasion

Last edited by desertblues; 05-06-2015 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #24568
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Very exciting! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful day. I'll be watching for news of it.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #24569
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
WOOT!

In my glass:

(Yes, I got the gig. Start Wed.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #24570
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Water for the moment. My In Laws are here with their dog. So three dogs a ten month old, and four adults. I wish my tolerance was a bit higher because a few beers would be great.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?