Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
TheBookseller: Amazon to Set U.K. Kindle Bookstore Prices

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/12...kindle-uk.html

Quote:
However, unlike in the United States where the top five publishers set their e-book prices, Amazon will dictate the pricing of its e-books and has promised they will be the lowest in the market. Speaking to The Bookseller, Steve Kessel, senior vice president of Amazon Kindle, also predicted Kindle sales of a book would outstrip its paperback sales by next year.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Amazon are really ramping it up!
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Amazon are really ramping it up!
Seriously...Bezos is intent on taking eBooks mainstream, and is really leveraging Amazon's incumbent position well.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Seriously...Bezos is intent on taking eBooks mainstream, and is really leveraging Amazon's incumbent position well.
Fun times to be around.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I have my son's Study Abroad UK address as one of the options on my Manage Your Kindle page and I frequently find a UK price that is much cheaper than the US Agency pricing. Especially for UK authors such as Marian Keyes etc.

I admit to having my Kindle home hopping back and forth to get better pricing and/or availability way too often but I sure do hope Amazon never stops me.

Sadly I expect the Publishers will eventually try to have me arrested.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #6
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
I have my son's Study Abroad UK address as one of the options on my Manage Your Kindle page and I frequently find a UK price that is much cheaper than the US Agency pricing. Especially for UK authors such as Marian Keyes etc.

I admit to having my Kindle home hopping back and forth to get better pricing and/or availability way too often but I sure do hope Amazon never stops me.

Sadly I expect the Publishers will eventually try to have me arrested.
One thing I love about Amazon's main site is that I can log into their U.K. store and buy gifts and stuff for friends over there with no issues from my US account.