Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 02-06-2009, 12:51 AM   #1
bmwvan
Connoisseur
bmwvan is on a distinguished road

Device: hp iPAQ 4700/Fictionwise reader/Sony 505
Wishing for help with lrx files

Does anyone have any suggestions for ways that those of us that have bought books from Sony could ever hope to change the files, specifically to change the font? I know, DRM prevents such access, but my eyes are going out on me and I can't read the books I have bought recently, even on the L setting. Books that I import into my 505 reader, I can set the base font size on and can make the characters large enough to read even with scars on both retinas and with bubbles in my left cornea. The "store-bought" books are not accessible to me.

Any help available?
bmwvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #2
AshWind150
AshWind150 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader 505
You could try using PRSCustomizer ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27177) to change the internal display fonts, and see if you can read any of them more easily.
AshWind150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Have you tried landscape mode? I think this makes the fonts larger (someone can correct me if I'm mistaken).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Have you tried landscape mode? I think this makes the fonts larger (someone can correct me if I'm mistaken).
Yep Landscape uses Larger fonts, cause it uses the same page size, but cuts it in Half, and makes the With of the old page, now the Height of the reader.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I should come from Missouri...I just had to go try that. And - holy crap! - it works! The font size seemed as big as the large-print books I've seen at the library.

Oddly enough, the menu font is reduced. It's actually a size I wish the Portrait menu font size was! But it seems contrary that to get a larger font in the ebook, you end up with a smaller one in the menu.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 06:33 PM   #6
bmwvan
Connoisseur
bmwvan is on a distinguished road

Device: hp iPAQ 4700/Fictionwise reader/Sony 505
Thanks everyone! I think that Ashwind150 has the best idea. I re-flashed my 505 and if I tinker with the fonts and do it again, I think I will have what I want. Plus, I love having the clock!
bmwvan is offline   Reply With Quote