Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Size limitation?

I have a couple of MobiDic dictionaries between 75 and 105 MB in size. I don't seem to be able to move them to or from my Kindle 3 with Calibre. Is there a file size limit or does it take an inordinate amount of time? Usually after 30 minutes I will use Task Manager to close down the process.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I have a couple of MobiDic dictionaries between 75 and 105 MB in size. I don't seem to be able to move them to or from my Kindle 3 with Calibre. Is there a file size limit or does it take an inordinate amount of time? Usually after 30 minutes I will use Task Manager to close down the process.
USB and Flash devices is slower than a rotating drive. USB may also have % usage limits if there is other USB activity (mouse, media player...) at the same time.
Start the job, then go to sleep, out to dinner or a Movie (not on the same PC). If it ain't done then, you may have a problem

BTW active Antivirus scanning of that size file (can happen when downloading from external devices) will put a crimp in speed also.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Ok, good to know. I'll give it another try. Moving with a file manager is no problem but i want them synced to Calibre.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote