Notices

Old 06-10-2010, 01:10 AM   #1
Sinner3k
Enthusiast
Sinner3k began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, B&N Nook Classic, Pocket Edge, Kindle Fire
Cool Another n00b appears!!!

Hi all!!

I'm new to the ebook scene (although I've been collecting PD ebooks for years waiting for prices to drop). I used a little B-Day money to get myself an Aluratek Libre and I'm waiting for it to arrive (I would have liked one of the fancier readers, but you deal with what you've got). I've been loading books into Calibre and cleaning them up all week in anticipation and I have to say that I am really impressed by it. Kudos to all the people that work and have worked to make it so awesome. I do have to say that I've had some trouble with editing epubs in Sigil and pretty much can't get it to work properly, although that may be because I'm running a 64-bit OS (dual boot of Win7-64 and Ubuntu-64). Perhaps somebody can point me to a hints and tips thread for Sigil? I'm really excited to be jumping into the ebook arena since I love to read and re-read some of my favorite books, but so many of them are in storage right now.

Anyway, just figured I would post in the intro thread to get things started off right.
Sinner3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:37 AM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
G'day Sinner3k,

I don't know if you've seen yet, but there's actually even a forum here dedicated to Sigil, under the E-Book Software section:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=203

It sounds like you've prepared well for addiction.

Welcome.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:42 AM   #3
Sinner3k
Enthusiast

That's the sort of help I was hoping for! I'll have to read up on some of the issues I've run into.

Thanks!!
Old 06-10-2010, 05:46 AM   #4
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Greetings Sinner3k and welcome to MobileRead! Hope your Aluratek Libre arrives real soon.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:30 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good luck with the Aluratek, Sinner. Do let us know how you get on. Great to have your company here. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:55 AM   #6
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	hello_funny_animal.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	53117 Sinner, and welcome to MR.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #7
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #8
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hi and welcome to MR!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:00 PM   #9
Sinner3k
Enthusiast

The Aluratek arrived today and is charging up. The excitement is palpable at this point. I'll probably spend most of the evening loading books from Calibre onto my SD card.

Thanks to all of you who stopped into my intro thread to say hi. This community seems to be very helpful and friendly, and I will do my best to carry on that tradition.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:05 PM   #10
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Welcome, Howdy from the Pacific Northleft, and enjoy your shiny new Libre. I just received a Nook and am pickled-tink. I may catch up on my reading list now, if I live to be 125.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:10 AM   #11
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Hi and welcome.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote