Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 12:23 PM   #46
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwickimom View Post
Yeah, yeah

Just popping back to let you know that Bing Cashback just went back to 10% for Newegg. So now that bad boy is $137 minus $13.70. And I'm slightly irritated that I missed out on that thirteen bucks, cause I'm CHEAP.

Might sweeten the pot for you a bit Takes it down to $123.30

That could change at any moment, Bing has been fluctuating between 2 and 10% for a few days.
NewEgg sell Aluratek for $179.99 now - the same price that jetBook White with all accessories:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16858723004
and they don't have Aluratek in stock now. I think this price - $137 was some kind of promo action for black fri only.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #47
Siwickimom
Bookin' it!
Siwickimom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505- Sangria :) and Black Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post

What amuses me about this friendly little dispute we have here is that two people have asked me why I am skeptical that New Egg will include a great deal of merchandise not listed on its website. I would think that the burden of proof should be on the other side - that they would send items not listed. We'll see.
I see it differently. Are you surprised when you order a Big Mac and it comes with 2 all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, and onion on a sesame seed bun? No. Because that is what comes on a Big Mac. They even wrote a song about it . Every item on a Big Mac isn't listed on the menu at McDonald's. You just order the Big Mac, and know the other stuff comes on it by default. That's how I see it.

Aluratek already told us what's on the burger, on their site.

And if I am wrong, well...I was due for at least one before 2009 comes to a close.
Siwickimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:32 PM   #48
Siwickimom
Bookin' it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
NewEgg sell Aluratek for $179.99 now - the same price that jetBook White with all accessories:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16858723004
and they don't have Aluratek in stock now. I think this price - $137 was some kind of promo action for black fri only.
No, the black was out of stock this morning, and the white one had been marked down to $137. Now it looks like they are all gone.

Bing 10% CB still applies to the Sonys though, and the Jetbook. Sometime to keep in mind.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:28 PM   #49
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
It says here that Fry's has the Aluratek Libre Pro with the complete package at its stores, but not available online, for $159.

http://www.frys.com/product/6049268?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:31 PM   #50
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
It says here that Fry's has the Aluratek Libre Pro with the complete package at its stores, but not available online, for $159.

http://www.frys.com/product/6049268?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
If you buy it in offline store they charge sales tax. NewEgg don't charge sales tax outside of CA and offer free shipping by UPS.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #51
hamfitz
Enthusiast
hamfitz began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek libre, sony prs 650, nook
based on someone post on here I've downloaded the new firmware from Aluratek and it supports PDF reflow and Adobe digital formats. I have to get to class but I've tried a bit of the reflow and it works but I'm not sure how well it works with advanced PDF and I haven't tried the Adobe digital format yet. The firmware does get rid of the zoom grid thing for PDF though.
hamfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #52
tenkar
tenkar doesn't littertenkar doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2, DX, Sony 505
Got my black Libre delivered tonight. Wall charger, usb cord, slip cover, sd card, headphones, and a little shoelace styled loop handle.

I had given my sister my Jetbook a few months back as she travels alot... very happy to have replaced it at an excellent price.

When Newegg rocks they rock hard!
tenkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #53
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's great, tenkar! May I assume that you got it for $137?
Old 12-02-2009, 12:54 AM   #54
Siwickimom
Bookin' it!

I will refrain from saying 'neener neeener neener.' But I *did* tell you so, Russell!

And, now, DRM and reflow. Even happier I didn't wait!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:37 AM   #55
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Siwickimom, I am delighted for you that I was wrong!

However, I am not going to get into the habit of thinking that a product includes more than what a website says it does. But I will get into the habit of not believing NewEgg's customer support!
Old 12-02-2009, 02:26 PM   #56
Toz
Toz began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Got my package from Newegg. Very dissapointed Aluratek removed Cyrilic support from their firmware. Jetbook has that. Unfortunately I found no way to reflash it to Jetbook FW... it says that upgrade failed. The SD card is ok, because it accepts and flashes Aluratek firmware, but it's impossible to flash anything else. Is there anything I can do with that?
I think I'll sell it on craigslist or send it back to newegg.
Toz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #57
smithno
Groupie
smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, jetBook Lite, Kindle 3, Galaxy Note II
Quote:
If you buy it in offline store they charge sales tax. NewEgg don't charge sales tax outside of CA and offer free shipping by UPS.
Kris777, you are mistaken about this. NewEgg charges me sales tax for everything I order from them and I am in TN. Much of the stuff comes from Memphis so they have at least a distribution center in the state and therefore charge sales tax. My understanding is stores must charge sales tax for any state where they have a physical location. I have started ordering most electronic items more than a few $ from J&R in NY if they have what I'm looking for to skip sales tax. Prices are usually close.
smithno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #58
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithno View Post
Kris777, you are mistaken about this. NewEgg charges me sales tax for everything I order from them and I am in TN. Much of the stuff comes from Memphis so they have at least a distribution center in the state and therefore charge sales tax. My understanding is stores must charge sales tax for any state where they have a physical location. I have started ordering most electronic items more than a few $ from J&R in NY if they have what I'm looking for to skip sales tax. Prices are usually close.

Yes, NewEgg has physical location in CA, TN and NJ. So they probably charge sales taxes in these states.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #59
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toz View Post
Got my package from Newegg. Very dissapointed Aluratek removed Cyrilic support from their firmware. Jetbook has that. Unfortunately I found no way to reflash it to Jetbook FW... it says that upgrade failed. The SD card is ok, because it accepts and flashes Aluratek firmware, but it's impossible to flash anything else. Is there anything I can do with that?
I think I'll sell it on craigslist or send it back to newegg.
you can exchange it for jetBook. NewEgg sell Black color jetBook for $179.99 now.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #60
Toz
Toz began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
you can exchange it for jetBook. NewEgg sell Black color jetBook for $179.99 now.
Unfortunately, they don't offer an exchange for this device. Only refund with $20 restocking fee + shipping.
Toz is offline   Reply With Quote