Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 02:40 PM   #1
tarektaha
Enthusiast
tarektaha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Finding Books by their content language

I've added some book, some of them are in German, is there anyway to locate the books based on the language of the book? They are not tagged obliviously. It would be super nice if there is a way to find them instead of searching for them manually
tarektaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:29 PM   #2
Sarmat89
Evangelist
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
language:"de" should work.
Sarmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:35 PM   #3
tarektaha
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarmat89 View Post
language:"de" should work.
This got me books that have language set to German but missed the books that are actually in German but don't have the language correctly set. Is there away that Calibre check the Epub language?
Old 01-13-2018, 04:54 PM   #4
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This works for me:

To get English, search for: (comments:"book" OR comments:"author" OR comments:"fiction")

For German, change book, author and fiction to their equivalents in German.

Or Spanish. Or French. Or ....

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:07 AM   #5
tarektaha
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
This works for me:

To get English, search for: (comments:"book" OR comments:"author" OR comments:"fiction")

For German, change book, author and fiction to their equivalents in German.

Or Spanish. Or French. Or ....

DaltonST
Thank you but not very useful in my case. As I've added the German books and I don't have the English equivalent for them..

A plugin that searches through the EPUB dedicating their content language would be nice
Old 01-15-2018, 09:01 AM   #6
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You totally missed the point. Search for the German words if your books are in German.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:38 AM   #7
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarektaha View Post
Thank you but not very useful in my case. As I've added the German books and I don't have the English equivalent for them..

A plugin that searches through the EPUB dedicating their content language would be nice
A plugin to do so is totally superfluous for 2 reasons:

[1] If your German books have "Comments" in German, then simply follow the instructions that I gave in my first post. They work perfectly for me for my Spanish books.

For German, search with: (comments:"buch" OR comments:"autor" OR comments:"fiktion")

[2] Otherwise, use a full-text search tool such as "Agent Ransack" to find epubs with "words" that are in a list that you specify of the most-used dozen or so German words.

http://www.vistawide.com/german/top_...vocabulary.htm

[3] Then, drag-and-drop the "Agent Ransack" results to my "Drop Search Results" (DSR) plugin, that will then mark and select all of those books. Then, use Bulk Edit Metadata to set their language to German.

A little imagination and flexibility go quite far with Calibre.

DaltonST
Old 01-17-2018, 07:26 AM   #8
tarektaha
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
A plugin to do so is totally superfluous for 2 reasons:

[1] If your German books have "Comments" in German, then simply follow the instructions that I gave in my first post. They work perfectly for me for my Spanish books.

For German, search with: (comments:"buch" OR comments:"autor" OR comments:"fiktion")

[2] Otherwise, use a full-text search tool such as "Agent Ransack" to find epubs with "words" that are in a list that you specify of the most-used dozen or so German words.

http://www.vistawide.com/german/top_...vocabulary.htm

[3] Then, drag-and-drop the "Agent Ransack" results to my "Drop Search Results" (DSR) plugin, that will then mark and select all of those books. Then, use Bulk Edit Metadata to set their language to German.

A little imagination and flexibility go quite far with Calibre.

DaltonST
Thanks this should work will try it out