Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-23-2017, 05:31 PM   #1
Klojum
Klojum began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O
Question No dark theme possible in Ubuntu 16.04?

Hiya,

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04.2, and unfortunately Calibre 3.1.1 is not giving me any options to change to Ubuntu's default Ambiance dark theme. The only options I get at the User Interface Layout options are 'Narrow' and 'Wide'.

Is there an easy way (as in: not having to compile Calibre myself) to make Calibre change 'to the dark side' so to speak?

Thanks in advance for an already amazing e-book application.

PS: the new Calibre icon in Unity's application bar is not only barely appealing, it's also barely visible. It is too transparent in my view. Calibre deserves a better icon than that.
Klojum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:55 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klojum View Post
Hiya,

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04.2, and unfortunately Calibre 3.1.1 is not giving me any options to change to Ubuntu's default Ambiance dark theme. The only options I get at the User Interface Layout options are 'Narrow' and 'Wide'.

Is there an easy way (as in: not having to compile Calibre myself) to make Calibre change 'to the dark side' so to speak?

Thanks in advance for an already amazing e-book application.

PS: the new Calibre icon in Unity's application bar is not only barely appealing, it's also barely visible. It is too transparent in my view. Calibre deserves a better icon than that.
Please see this thread.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark, theme, ubuntu