Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-29-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
nek
nek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
How do i copy books etc. from Kindle Fire to PC?

Hi together.

I had a normal kindle and could organize my books without problems from kindle to PC and vice versa using Calibre.

Now i had to "upgrade" to a Kindle Fire and it´s not showing me any of the books i´m downloading to it.. the pc and calibre see it, but it´s only showing as a mainly empty directories.. except when i copx some other files from the pc to it..

is there any way to access the files i download directly from amazon cloud to the kindle in a normal way?

(other than doing something like the extra download "via usb transfer" etc.)

thanks in advance
nek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:46 AM   #2
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Are you looking in the correct directories? On an e-ink kindle the books are in the \documents\ folder, on the Fire they are in the \books\ directory and personal documents are in the \documents\ folder. Also, keep in mind since these are separate devices, you cannot open the same file in each of them, they have to be directly downloaded for that device in order to open it.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
On newer Fires (or newer firmware), the commercial Amazon content you buy is no longer found in the 'Books' directory.

On the device's file system the content can be found in '/sdcard/Android/com.amazon.kindle/files/Books'.

When connected via USB, it's: '\Internal Storage\Android\com.amazon.kindle\files\Books'

Sideloaded content should be available whether placed in the 'Books' folder or the 'Documents' folder.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
The path to my books purchased from Amazon on my Fire HD is:
Computer\Kindle\Internal storage\Android\data\com.amazon.kindle\files\Books

It looks like calibre put everything in:
Computer\Kindle\Internal storage\Documents

Who knew...
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Oops! You're correct, Andy. In my haste, it appears I left the 'data' portion of the paths out of my post.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
nek
nek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Thank you very much guys, you saved me much hassling
nek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #7
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Oops! You're correct, Andy. In my haste, it appears I left the 'data' portion of the paths out of my post.

I thought maybe you typed it when you got the case of the "s" in "storage" wrong. I cheated and Copy'n'Pasted. I'd never try to type all that!

I was wondering if the path was different between Fires and Fire HDs.
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote