knfevg
knfevg began at the beginning.

Device: A81E
Thanks pphilipp
knfevg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #572
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
Quote:
Originally Posted by martini View Post
Which keyboard people are using in W1060? I am using PlumSIP.
I'm using a little quick-input utility which has been around for over a decade and has proven itself on just about every various OS there is.
It's called MessagEase.
It's not a keyboard, but a keyboard substitute. It requires a learning curve but is well worth the effort. After spending some time with it, you can use the pen in one hand and make little taps and gestures quite quickly.
I find that it's much faster than using a keyboard, especially if you're only using one hand on the keyboard. For one-hand tapping, it's easily 30% faster than tapping a keyboard... and takes up much less screen space too.
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 08:44 PM   #573
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knfevg View Post
Is there any app that will stay in the tray-bar and will have a list of quick-lunch applications? (something like a quick-start in WinXP)?

I've had some time to look at the taskbar app launchers on my A81 and here's the rundown...
1) My Tools by Micro Cheng
2) PocketNav
3) TapLaunch
4) WinWatch
Seems like PocketNav is the closest to what you're looking for.
There's many more than what I've listed here. Do a search for 'HPC' and you'll locate quite a few.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by pphilipp; 10-05-2010 at 08:48 PM.
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:00 AM   #574
appleproduce
appleproduce began at the beginning.

Device: Wits A81E
APAD 7002 or Wits a81e

Hi to everyone! I'm new to this site and have read most the postings with great interest. Just today, I was about to put in my order for an Apad Moonse 7002, at merimobiles.com, which was given a very postive review at shanzai.com, then saw this site and have put that purchase on hold.

Actually, I really liked the specs for A81e and the mostly positive reviews. However, Android 2.2 is new and seems to have not been tested very long. Most here seem to like WinCE better, although I'm not familiar with both and don't know much about computers, and need explicit instructions to do any downloading and updating.

So, with that in mind, can someone explain to me:

1. gsensors are lacking in this device. Is that what allows the screen to rotate? I read in Dec 2009 that the older a81 had 360 rotation. Does the new a81e not have screen rotation?

Without gsensors, does that limit many games that can be played. I know my 8 year old son would want to play games on this.

2. ebook reader - if the screen only shows on landscape format, does it mean that I have to scroll down to read the bottom of a page before turning it? I usually like to read under portrait format so I can get as much of the page in without scroling. Is the font unreadable under portrait format?

3. a81e version has the flash right? so it allows me to watch videos posted on the internet aside from youtube?

4. does gps work? does it work like other stand alone gps systems and will provide step by step voice direction?

As you can see from my questions, I computer illiterate, I would be very grateful for any explanations.
appleproduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:38 PM   #575
bodhikhalid
bodhikhalid began at the beginning.

Device: none
Read kindled ebooks on A81?

I wanna buy ebooks from the amazon kindle. Is there any software so that I can read those ebooks on A81?
bodhikhalid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2010, 01:40 AM   #576
Dalkor
Dalkor began at the beginning.

Device: Wits A81-E
For those who want to play with Andrid on original A81: http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...n-the-htc-hd2/

Last edited by Dalkor; 12-16-2010 at 02:36 AM.
Dalkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:21 AM   #577
nonanon
Enthusiast
nonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmos

Device: iPad, Nook Simple Touch
Thanks Dalkor, I'll give that a try. I've gotten Android to work great on my old A81 (other than stylus calibration problems) but I can find few apps that will work without a menu or back key. I'm not sure which version of Android I had installed but I think it was 2.1. I got frustrated and went back to wince6 but almost immediately wished I had the glossy stuff back. I got aldiko to work but without any way to change it's settings I couldn't import any books. Compared to the dozens of apps I have for wince and almost none working for Android on my A81 it seemed an easy choice but I may try Android again. For now, wince with the iPhone Today UI seems to work fine, well enough that my wife is pushing me to upgrade so she can inherit the A81.

I did try softkeys but it was the version made for the Nook Color so it didn't work correclty. I have a Nook Color too but I don't want to hack it until I can see what apps B&N will come out with on their own. The built in reader is nice but a little buggy since I can't change font or screen colors on some books. The screen is great and video playback is smooth so the A81 has been collecting dust for a week or two. (edit: returned the NookColor to wait to see what CES brings as well as look at the Archos 70)

Anyone debating between the latest A81 or the Apad, etc, really should take a look at the Nook Color. It's a bit heavier than the Archos 70, wider and thicker, too, but much thinner than the A81 and it's very consumer-friendly in comparison. B&N is supposedly going to release a big firmware upgrade next month and open it up to more Android apps and possibly a version of the market. Based on their track record they're far more reliable than Witstech who never delivered a working Android for the old A81 and claimed it's because it has no hardware buttons. Neither does the Archos 70 and yet they have Android Froyo and the market along with a dual-boot option so it might just be they have better engineers in France than in Shenzen.

Last edited by nonanon; 01-02-2011 at 03:15 PM.
nonanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:11 PM   #578
bodhikhalid
bodhikhalid began at the beginning.

Device: none
Anyone have CHM reader?

Hello everyone,
I cannot find the CHM reader apk on the android market. I try ireader but my .chm file just wont work. Can anyone provide me the CHM reader apk?

Recently, I find it quite difficult to choose between the android system and the WINCE system.
I can use my android to read kindle but cannot read CHM file or listen to music other than mp3. Alot of .apk cannot be found using my A81E in android market. Is it the problem of A81E or because of my device setting? Did anyone try rooting your A81E android?
My winCE system cannot read kindle but can do the other stuff. And of course using WinCE surffing the net is slow and always failed due to lack of enough memory.

Any suggestion from those who still using Witz A81?
bodhikhalid is offline   Reply With Quote