Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-02-2017, 10:55 AM   #1
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
KOA2 jail break research

The KOA2 has introduced a different partition scheme that requires changes to some of our critical programs.

I don't have one myself.

What I am looking for is someone that does have, or is expecting to get, a new KOA2.

That person should have a general knowledge of networking and be familiar with using ssh.
Someone to install USBnetworking and allow me public key authorization ssh access so I can look up what the differences are on a running system.

This needs to be done before allowing the device to update, because only the original firmware version can be jail broken at this time.

And yes, we will have to do most of this by PM.

Last edited by knc1; 11-02-2017 at 11:05 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:31 AM   #2
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
If you won't find anybody else I will help you. I should have it tomorrow.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2017, 11:37 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
If you won't find anybody else I will help you. I should have it tomorrow.
Thanks.
Of course we will have to JB it first to install USBnetworking package, so don't let it update.
Use the blocking directory name:
update.bin.tmp.partial
In the top level of visible USB storage.
Use that exact name, no additional extension, no contents.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:42 AM   #4
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah that was my plan anyway :-)
Old 11-03-2017, 05:25 PM   #5
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

My Oasis stuck somewhere in Germany...
Advert
Old 11-03-2017, 06:50 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
My Oasis stuck somewhere in Germany...
Not a problem.
I am still struggling with "make ready" chores.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:21 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What if this Oasis comes with the newest firmware already installed?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:39 PM   #8
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What if this Oasis comes with the newest firmware already installed?

Then we need people to help us find a new jailbreak method.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 03:13 AM   #9
ecostin
Enthusiast
ecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role model

Device: PRS-500-505-700, Kindle3, KT, KPW, KPW2, KV, KOA
Got one, fw 5.9.0.something, I will be more precise when I get home. It is the 3G model, I will keep WIFI off to avoid OTA updates. Let me know how I can help. I'm afraid I will not open this one to get to the serial port, it is supposed to be sort of waterproof
ecostin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:08 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecostin View Post
Got one, fw 5.9.0.something, I will be more precise when I get home. It is the 3G model, I will keep WIFI off to avoid OTA updates. Let me know how I can help. I'm afraid I will not open this one to get to the serial port, it is supposed to be sort of waterproof
Yuck, I really messed this one up:
What we need is a read-only procedure, does not require anything other than a Linux or Windows computer.

The procedure we use is a read-only procedure, it only requires a Linux or Windows PC.
No opening of the device nor even installing any software on it, read from it over the USB cable.

A MacOSx computer can not be used because of Spotlight-v100's treatment of removable, USB storage (which includes the Kindle).
I will PM you the details.

Last edited by knc1; 11-05-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:32 AM   #11
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
The other thing that could help is if someone could figure out how to get into recovery mode.

Since we cannot find the serial port, and it has physical buttons, there may be a way to get into that mode like was found on the KT4 holding the power and home button together.

I have tried all the combinations I can think of so far, with no luck.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:45 AM   #12
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

@knc1 - If it is still needed I'm ready to go. G000 SA12 - 5.9.0.6
Old 11-06-2017, 09:00 AM   #13
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
@knc1 - If it is still needed I'm ready to go. G000 SA12 - 5.9.0.6
Let me send you some info by PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:04 PM   #14
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Let me send you some info by PM.
I sent you a PM--received my Oasis today, ready to help in any way I can.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:19 PM   #15
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I sent you a PM--received my Oasis today, ready to help in any way I can.

Shari
Sorry about the 13 minute wait for my reply PM.

Just don't let it update.
Put the OTA blocking directory name at the top level of visible USB storage:
update.bin.tmp.partial
Use that exact name, no additional extension.

Last edited by knc1; 11-06-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Tags
jailbreak, koa2