Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-06-2017, 10:54 AM   #1
vishna
vishna began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Customizing home page so that I don't see the store

Hi! I just got my Kobo Aura One. I would like to achieve a minimalist home page without reference to the Kobo store.

When I enter, I would like to NOT be greeted at the home page with the Kobo store images of books and previews. I would just like to see what's on my shelf and also an unobtrusive search box for new books.

How can I achieve this modification?
vishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:51 AM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Do you have the old style home page or the new one?

If 'Search Kobo' is a bar near the top of your screen, you should be able to dismiss the store tile(s) by long pressing them.

If you have the new home page (search is just a magnifying glass icon) I don't think you can dismiss the store.

There is a way to switch from the new home page to the old.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2017, 12:25 PM   #3
vishna
vishna began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Yes long-pressing worked-- thank you!
vishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:51 PM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3

Long pressing any tile will give you the option to dismiss it from the home page. You can get rid of more than the store, if you choose.

Be warned, there is a new home page that some users get when they update their Kobo software. The new home page has some nice features, but it is NOT customizable. If you get that, come back to these forums. There is (for now) a way to over-ride the new home page.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 04-06-2017 at 04:55 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
home page, kobo, kobo aura one