Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-12-2016, 05:03 AM   #91
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
I decided to switch. That it can become a server won me over. Rendering also seems better. Library management is better too.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:59 AM   #92
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
If I could remove the header while keeping the footer, it would be great.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2016, 01:43 AM   #93
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
Have not moved any PDFs to my iPad yet, but I'm talking about my iPhone which is the one with just about all the PDFs. I can't use MapleRead SE on the iPhone and MapleRead CX doesn't support PDFs.

I want ONE application to read both ePubs & PDFs on my iDevices, rather than one for ePubs and a separate one for PDFs. MapleRead SE is going to be the ONE app on my iPad; but I still need an app for the iPhone. If MapleRead SE was an Universal app, it would be on my iPhone in a heartbeat. Since it isn't, and if MapleRead CX supported PDFs, IT would be on my iPhone. Unfortunately, I am unable to see using a MapleRead product on my iPhone as none currently meet my minimum requirements.
@romad -
Why don't you try reading PDF with MapleRead SE on your iPad first? If you really like it, then you may request sbaylor to support the same kind of PDF viewer on iPhone. The more popular a feature request is, the more likely it will be considered. I think this is how it works here on various mobile forums. Look at some earlier posts.

Well, if you really want some other app, then just ignore the above paragraph.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:02 AM   #94
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGE View Post
I decided to switch. That it can become a server won me over. Rendering also seems better. Library management is better too.
Totally agree. Indeed MR's built-in server is very unique, one of a kind for ereaders.

As for rendering, try exporting the bundled book "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" from MapleRead to Marvin, and then compare the rendering of some illustrations, such as #23 (Cheshire Cat), and #41 (King), as shown in section List of Illustrations of the book by MapleRead and Marvin (Classic or 3) respectively. They look different! It's clear that MapleRead's rendering is the intended effect, but Marvin's isn't. I've also confirmed that Calibre rendering matches MapleRead's.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:23 AM   #95
Marsu - Jerry
Marsu - Jerry began at the beginning.

Device: ipad Air 2
I really like the way MapleRead SE presents the books for reading (as compared with other epub readers for iPad.)

I'm looking for a way to do bulk download from Dropbox. I put my Calibre's library on Dropbox and would like to know if there is any way to do bulk download (without having to manually select each book). I think Marvin 3 can do bulk download that way.

Is there a way to do it on MapleRead?
Marsu - Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2016, 11:00 AM   #96
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 5 & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
@romad -
Why don't you try reading PDF with MapleRead SE on your iPad first? If you really like it, then you may request sbaylor to support the same kind of PDF viewer on iPhone. The more popular a feature request is, the more likely it will be considered. I think this is how it works here on various mobile forums. Look at some earlier posts.

Well, if you really want some other app, then just ignore the above paragraph.
I did not say I WANTED a separate app; rather I NEED a separate app because:

1. MR SE is iPad ONLY
2. MR CX does NOT support PDFs.

Based on what has been said, I have surmised there is no intention to either make MR SE an universal app (best route) or add PDF support to MR CX anytime soon.

I'm basing this on the fact that SE is outstanding with ePubs and strongly believe it would be the same with PDFs.

AGAIN, my PREFERENCE is for a MapleRead app that supports both ePubs & PDFs AND runs on all three iOS devices (well, two in my case as I don't have an iTouch ).

Thank you for that link and I'll check it out. Meanwhile I understand that no one here knows of any good standalone PDF reader apps for iPhone iOS that I can use until MaplePop releases one.
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:56 AM   #97
ssolitar
ssolitar began at the beginning.

Device: ipad 2
I also switched from ibooks. I really think this a great reader, but I have one question. Is there anyway to manually sort the books within the sets you have created, like the way you can do it in ibooks, by manually moving the book covers to place books in the order you want them? I like the author, series sort that you can do in mapleread, but for books that are not in series, I would like to be able to make an author set, and then sort the books by date published. Thank you!
ssolitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:27 PM   #98
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

ssolitar, out of curiosity, why do you want to sort by date published? Also, WHICH date published would you use: original for hardback? original for FIRST ebook version? date first published in ePub format?

Before iOS 9.x destroyed my carefully crafted over 6 years manual sort in iBooks, I did the basic Author/Title sort for non-series books and Author/Series for series books.

For background:
The recognized standard for "shelving" books is alphabetically: Author Name (Last, First) Title (disregarding any initial articles). To get more complex, there are also the Dewey Decimal and Library of Congress systems (in these United States) for non-fiction titles using the subject matter of the item.

BTW, I am retired from my local county library.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:53 PM   #99
ssolitar

I like to put them in the order they are listed in fantastic fiction or fictiondb. Just a quirk of mine, because that's the way I like to read them.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:02 AM   #100
cedhax
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssolitar View Post
I also switched from ibooks. I really think this a great reader, but I have one question. Is there anyway to manually sort the books within the sets you have created, like the way you can do it in ibooks, by manually moving the book covers to place books in the order you want them? I like the author, series sort that you can do in mapleread, but for books that are not in series, I would like to be able to make an author set, and then sort the books by date published. Thank you!
I don't think you can sort books manually. Have you considered using the following trick? It does not require creating a new book set. It just leverages sort by Author+Series, and Book Info Edit.

For each book by a given author that does not belong to a series, assign a pseudo series named, say, "_", and a pseudo volume named, say, "published 2016", "P2016", "2016", or even "2016a", "2016b". (Note that in MapleRead, Volume can take any string value, which is sorted alphabetically.) You can easily experiment with Book Info | Metadata | Edit.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:19 AM   #101
ssolitar

Thanks! I will definitely try this.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:43 PM   #102
cedhax
Addict

You are welcome. But note that while MapleRead's "Volume" is a string, its Calibre correspondence "Number" can only be a number, but not an arbitrary string.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:24 PM   #103
sbaylor
Addict
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad, iPad mini, iPhone
Heads up of future releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaylor View Post
With the iPhone edition (CX) behind our back and a stable current release, we will continue working on other new features. The highest priority feature right now is better secure synchronization, which will continue to work among all 3 editions of MapleRead across all supported iOS devices.
I'm really excited to share some good news with you now. Within the next 24 hours, MapleRead 1.6 will be available on the App Store.

MapleRead 1.6 is a major release with much improved sync capabilities and a simplified sync UI. Not only will you be able to sync reading positions, notes, vocab and bookmarks of your books across multiple iOS devices, you will also be able to access your synced notes via a web browser from your Mac, PC, iOS and Android devices.

Last edited by sbaylor; 10-20-2016 at 03:34 PM.
sbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 03:31 PM   #104
sbaylor
Addict
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad, iPad mini, iPhone
PC Upload file size limit

Quote:
Actually, you are the first user who has ever reported running into such a limit.

It turns out that once we relax the internal size limit, importing a file 332MB in size is not a problem. The limit check code was put there long time ago for some reasons. As soon as we have time to make sure that it is safe to raise or drop the limit, we'll make it available in a future app release.

To clarify again, this issue is only applicable for PC Upload, but NOT for other import/download methods.
In the upcoming version 1.6 of MapleRead, there will be no longer such file size limit for PC Upload.
sbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:32 PM   #105
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Quote:
In the upcoming version 1.6 of MapleRead, there will be no longer such file size limit for PC Upload.
Great! Thank you.

Tags
mapleread