Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-06-2017, 10:18 AM   #181
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingness View Post
Thanks!!!
This is a six year old thread, a lot happens in that amount of time.
(Some few people have even stopped using WinXP since then.)

There is a Firefox add-in for reading mobi and keeping a mobi catalog.
You can find it in the Firefox add-in distribution(s).

Scratch that suggestion because I can't find it now.

Last edited by knc1; 05-06-2017 at 05:54 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:34 PM   #182
betelguese
Enthusiast
betelguese began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordP View Post
I can no longer see mobi thumbnails in Windows Explorer. After updating to Windows 10 and the latest Calibre all I can see is the Calibre icon.
Epubs work just fine tough I use CBXShell for that.
I know you posted this a while back but could you or someone explain how can I use CBXShell to have Epub thumbnails displayed in Windows Explorer (I use both Windows 8.1 and 10). I tried several things but Epubs seem to be the most difficult to display in my case. Thanks
betelguese is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2017, 09:58 AM   #183
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by betelguese View Post
I know you posted this a while back but could you or someone explain how can I use CBXShell to have Epub thumbnails displayed in Windows Explorer (I use both Windows 8.1 and 10). I tried several things but Epubs seem to be the most difficult to display in my case. Thanks
Does the country you live in allow you to access Google?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 03:07 PM   #184
betelguese
Enthusiast
betelguese began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Yes, but unfortunately I tried the solutions mentioned in Google (not many by the way, basically the one mentioned here), and it does not work, that's whay I was asking if someone had a suggestion.
betelguese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 11:28 PM   #185
whatsacubit
Crusty Old Rogue
whatsacubit began at the beginning.

Device: Hacked Nook Touch - Android 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You would think in this day and age, most intellectuals would know better than to recommend Google as a reliable source of information. alternativeto dot net is your friend. I will say that I'm currently happy with DuckDuckGo.

I actually came here trying to figure out a way to get ePub files to show info the way this does for .mobi. ..but, since the conversation got derailed I'll have to go back and read all thirteen pages to get the gist of it

Lovely.
whatsacubit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2020, 01:39 AM   #186
whatsacubit
Crusty Old Rogue
whatsacubit began at the beginning.

Device: Hacked Nook Touch - Android 1.5
Well, that was exciting. For anyone else flipping to the last page, here's the low down: The Author bought a KOBO in Japan and doesn't support this program anymore. For some odd reason, it appears that she never expanded it to cover ePub. There is a link to the last known good version one page back.

That's all I've got. My quest for ePub columns in Windows Explorer continues...
whatsacubit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 06:07 AM   #187
umeca74
umeca74 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsacubit View Post
My quest for ePub columns in Windows Explorer continues...
have you seen this one?
www.zabkat.com/blog/epub-thumbnails-author.htm
umeca74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 07:02 AM   #188
Unknow0059
Unknow0059 began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsacubit View Post
My quest for ePub columns in Windows Explorer continues...
DarkThumbs by Logarithmic et al has got you covered as of two weeks ago. It doesn't support Mobi and these other files, though.

For other visitors, a working download for Alissa's MobiHandler can be found in page 12 of this thread.

Last edited by Unknow0059; 09-06-2020 at 07:06 AM.
Unknow0059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 03:11 PM   #189
bbacle
bbacle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbacle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbacle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbacle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbacle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbacle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbacle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbacle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbacle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbacle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbacle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know that this program is now 11 years old (as of 2022). I am still running Win7 64bit on a multiboot computer. So I thought I would try this (as I've just now found it). Some of the thumbnails show up, but they do not have the name of the book like is shown in the picture. I am using Kindle for PC 1.24.3.
bbacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 07:53 PM   #190
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
On a (mobi7) book obtained from Kindle for PC v1.26, Windows 10 shows
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d'écran 2022-09-04 19.09.47.png
Views:	122
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	196279

What are your differences? Does gluggy's Java Mobi Metadata Editor show a title for your problematic book?
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote