Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-06-2020, 06:16 AM   #46
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
it just shows as fire, no folders at all
so for the 3rd and final time, find the usb connection menu on the tablet and change connection type from charging to storage.
i can't help you if you don't follow instructions
if mine are unclear, ask google, or amazon. it is a well known issue with a simple fix- which has to be done at every connect
if you cant read, go to post 3 here for a picture

https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/d...ty-on-computer
1) Make sure your screen is unlocked.

2) Plug your tablet into your PC

3) Swipe down from the top to view your alerts. Click on USB Charging this device. Tap for other USB options.

that's me done with this thread. enjoy your new fire, or return it if you cant cope
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:35 AM   #47
Nutty
Nutty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 10 (newest)
thanks for the advice and tone
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:13 PM   #48
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I wonder if they will improve the 8" Fire on the next release. I'd like one with the screen resolution and speed of the 10." My girls love it, but it's gigantic. Next time I can pry it away from them, I'll try watching a movie. The kindle app works great on it, it's just too big for my liking, for reading. My girls use it for drawing, which is the main reason I got it. They were using their phones, which are tiny. They just love the larger screen on the Fire.
That was my experience as well. When I first got it I did use it almost daily probably for the novelty of it. Then my kid took it to play games for a couple of weeks because he loved the big screen. Once I got the tablet back I found it a tad too heavy to use for reading and I literally haven't picked it up for over a month. Maybe I'll pick it up again to watch movies with all this free time.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 12:53 AM   #49
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
That was my experience as well. When I first got it I did use it almost daily probably for the novelty of it. Then my kid took it to play games for a couple of weeks because he loved the big screen. Once I got the tablet back I found it a tad too heavy to use for reading and I literally haven't picked it up for over a month. Maybe I'll pick it up again to watch movies with all this free time.
I upgraded my HD 10 to the latest in the last sale and I use it with this somewhat heavy and pricey $39 Tuatara Magic Ring stand; props it up at any angle desired - on a table, desk or on my lap. No weight on hands at all! And the handle on the stand is also useful for carrying it around. The built-in screen protector is nice too, and has no adverse effect on the sensitivity to touch and tap. I love the USB-C charging on this model, one charger for laptop, phone and tablet. And I DO use the tablet for reading, 2-page landscape in dark mode with brightness on Medium. Pretty restful for these old eyes...
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:53 AM   #50
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
I upgraded my HD 10 to the latest in the last sale and I use it with this somewhat heavy and pricey $39 Tuatara Magic Ring stand; props it up at any angle desired - on a table, desk or on my lap. No weight on hands at all! And the handle on the stand is also useful for carrying it around. The built-in screen protector is nice too, and has no adverse effect on the sensitivity to touch and tap. I love the USB-C charging on this model, one charger for laptop, phone and tablet. And I DO use the tablet for reading, 2-page landscape in dark mode with brightness on Medium. Pretty restful for these old eyes...
Thanks, I used your suggestion to set the tablet to 2- page landscape in dark mode and started reading on it again.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote