Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
NineOne
NineOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NineOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NineOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
Blank book on home screen that restarts device?

I've done a search and haven't found anything, but I apologize if this has already been addressed.

I installed the FW upgrade yesterday, right about the time one of my friends was toying with the Kobo just to check it out (so far 2 of my co-workers have bought one, and 2 more are about to since I got it).

I noticed that the largest book on my home screen is, rather than the one I've been reading, a blank book. When I tap on it, the Kobo freezes completely for about 15 seconds, and then reboots.

I can't get rid of the book, nothing extra is showing in the library, and it's almost enough to make me throw it through the window. Any advice would be great!
NineOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #2
george.talusan
Kobo Developer Intern
george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo
If you go into the library screens, you should be able to long tap on the book cover to bring up a context menu. This will have an option to let you delete the book.
george.talusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
NineOne
NineOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NineOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NineOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

But that's just it, there's no book showing in the library. All of a sudden it just took the place of the one I'd been reading, knocking that down to a smaller icon, and now it's just sitting there. Every book in my library is accounted for.

I'm going to try deleting everything from the kobo and re-adding it later, but I don't understand where the book came from at all.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
maybe it's a book you deleted manually from the kobo from windows explorer or maybe you didn't properly eject your kobo and the file was not added or got corrupt. So it's still in the database, but the reader couldn't find the file to show the cover.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #5
NineOne

Until George's post I didn't know you could delete books manually from the reader.

Sorry, I got mixed up on the timeline, I installed the update in the morning, it was only that I realized what the update did (page refresh) while I was with the friend.

All day, until my friend flipped through some pages, and hit the home button, the book wasn't there. I haven't even plugged it into my computer in a few days.
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 12:34 PM   #6
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by NineOne View Post
Until George's post I didn't know you could delete books manually from the reader.

Sorry, I got mixed up on the timeline, I installed the update in the morning, it was only that I realized what the update did (page refresh) while I was with the friend.

All day, until my friend flipped through some pages, and hit the home button, the book wasn't there. I haven't even plugged it into my computer in a few days.
its acutally a reader life award btw... doing it lol
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:09 PM   #7
NineOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
its acutally a reader life award btw... doing it lol
I don't understand?
Old 06-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #8
NineOne

Well a full reset of the device seems to have fixed it, if anyone else gets this problem.