Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-24-2009, 01:47 AM   #1
kringa
kringa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hello From Colorado

Hello everyone,

I've been a lurker for about a year and decided that I should make an effort to contribute to the forums. I had a Sony PRS-500 for two years and upgraded via the trade-in program to the 505. I'm a little confused on the compatible formats and where to buy compatible books, but will look through previous threads.

I had a chance to use some of the conversion tools for pdf's and want to thank those people who shared their work with the community.

Cheers,

kringa
kringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:41 AM   #2
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi kringa and welcome to MobileRead!

Have you checked out the wiki on ebook stores?

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_stores
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi kringa and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Hi kringa and welcome to MobileRead!

Have you checked out the wiki on ebook stores?

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_stores
Welcome Kringa. I just added Baen.com to the list. All their books are DRM free and they have a free library to find new authors. Several formats including Sony Reader (.LRF).
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #5
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kringa View Post
Hello everyone,

I've been a lurker for about a year and decided that I should make an effort to contribute to the forums. I had a Sony PRS-500 for two years and upgraded via the trade-in program to the 505. I'm a little confused on the compatible formats and where to buy compatible books, but will look through previous threads.

I had a chance to use some of the conversion tools for pdf's and want to thank those people who shared their work with the community.

Cheers,

kringa
- booksonboard.com - adobe digital edition
- fictionwise.com - multi-format or secure adobe pdf
http://www.fictionwise.com/help/eBook-Formats-FAQ.htm

A common comment I hear is people get the LIT version
then convert it to LRF - if the LRF isn't available.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Welcome to the forum.

:: blink :: Hey, I went to high school in Lafayette.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote