Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-05-2017, 10:53 AM   #31
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
@roger64 Glad to have that cleared up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
@Frenzie : if I create a dot pattern file for french hyphenation based on a TeX file and if I add it into languages.json, will it be functional ?
I see no reason it shouldn't.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:12 AM   #32
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
@roger64 Glad to have that cleared up.

I see no reason it shouldn't.
Thanks ! I will try this morning if job's boring

-------------------------------------

So, converting JSWolf in a dot pattern file seems to work fine (but i need to read a book with that to be sure cause I noticed before when a file doesn't work it fallback on the algorithm one without showing it) and it's easy enough to add to koreader. And I wonder, why do koreader use pdb file (which doesn't seem to be editable) ?

Last edited by cramoisi; 05-09-2017 at 01:57 AM.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2017, 01:55 AM   #33
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Any known way to set my french_custom hyph to default for french ? (the french allan pdb takes it each time - i didn't erase it , should i ?)
Old 05-10-2017, 09:52 AM   #34
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Any known way to set my french_custom hyph to default for french ? (the french allan pdb takes it each time - i didn't erase it , should i ?)
You could edit the "languages.json" file French entry.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:41 AM   #35
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
And I wonder, why do koreader use pdb file (which doesn't seem to be editable) ?
Dutch, Greek, and Spanish don't.

But I have no idea. Actually if you look in our crengine repo you'll notice that all of the *.pdb files are pre-KOReader, original crengine stock (8 years old, see here, whereas I believe the oldest KOReader commits dates back "only" 6 years, to 2011).

So the three files that were added by the KOReader project are actually *.pattern.

I actually have no idea what these "Alan" hyphens even are or where they came from, as opposed to the TeX hyphenation patterns.
Advert
Old 05-11-2017, 04:21 PM   #36
cramoisi
Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Dutch, Greek, and Spanish don't.

But I have no idea. Actually if you look in our crengine repo you'll notice that all of the *.pdb files are pre-KOReader, original crengine stock (8 years old, see here, whereas I believe the oldest KOReader commits dates back "only" 6 years, to 2011).

So the three files that were added by the KOReader project are actually *.pattern.

I actually have no idea what these "Alan" hyphens even are or where they came from, as opposed to the TeX hyphenation patterns.
I converted manually the french tex hyphenation to dot pattern (which is easy enough) and i read three books this week with it. It works great. Dunno if it's that great or even better than the alan one but it's at least as good and the dot pattern can be edited for adding words or rules if needed.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:01 PM   #37
Frenzie
Wizard

Can pattern files include/import another one? I haven't really looked at any of this hyphenation stuff because I'm quite happy even without any hyphenation (or to put it another way, anything other than LaTeX is absolutely terrible at creating balanced paragraphs imho, even with decent patterns).

I think user-defined overrides should be in a separate file of some sort, because the standard hyphenation files would be overwritten by updates. And this JSON business is also questionable, except perhaps for the purposes of providing additional metadata. Alas, changing these things is more time-consuming than I'd like it to be.