Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
An oddity ... ?

If you like "period" true adventure and experiences, can I offer

"ALONE WITH THE HAIRY AINU.
OR,
3,800 MILES ON A PACK SADDLE
IN YEZO AND A CRUISE TO THE
KURILE ISLANDS" [yes, true title!]

By A.H.Savage Landor, maps and illustrations by the author.

Dated 1893 it is basically a memoir of the authors travels in Japan at the end of the 19th C. and full of fascinating details, as you may imagine.

It's free from Gutenberg.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I love 19th century travel books. One of my very favourites is "A Thousand Miles Up the Nile" by Amelia B. Edwards. If you've ever read any of Elizabeth Peters' "Amelia Peabody" books, this is the real person they were inspired by. After I've finished my current proofing project, I'm going to do a nice eBook version of it for our library.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
russianfiction
Expert
russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
COOOL! I dig that
russianfiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
And it is free at Amazon. Regularly $32.75.
http://www.amazon.com/saddle-cruise-.../dp/B006FL3FA0
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I love 19th century travel books. One of my very favourites is "A Thousand Miles Up the Nile" by Amelia B. Edwards. If you've ever read any of Elizabeth Peters' "Amelia Peabody" books, this is the real person they were inspired by. After I've finished my current proofing project, I'm going to do a nice eBook version of it for our library.
Can't wait to read it!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #6
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Apache
It is only the paperback that is normally $32.75, not the ebook which is free all the time.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:42 AM   #7
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I think you'd enjoy A Voyage in the Sunbeam by Annie Brassie. I got mine from Girlebooks, but I'm sure it's available in PG.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:40 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks, Alex; I'll certainly take a look at that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #9
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Apache
32.75! forget it, if it wasn't on sale amazon can keep all the copies they have thats way too much, would need a 95% discount.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
But you don't need to use Amazon, 'cos it's free elsewhere, innit.....

Unless you feel sorry for their bad publicity and want to show your support.

carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #11
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
nice. I first hear of the Ainu people (not to be confused with Tolkien's Ainu) from Miyazaki's awesome animé "Princess Mononoke".

gotta give it a shot...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote