Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #931
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
*does rock-homage Hands*
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #932
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Version 3.0.0

Good news for Paperwhite users!

Here's version 3.0.0, for both Kindle Touch and Paperwhite. In terms of contained patches, there aren't any changes for Touch users - they're exactly the same as version 2.4.1, and there only have been minor code changes under the hood.

For the Kindle Paperwhite, only one patch is currently available - but that is the single most useful patch (IMO), namely the reader adjustment and hyphenation one. Finally, the book layout isn't an eyesore anymore... I intend to use the Paperwhite to actually read on it during the upcoming holidays, so this was really just pure selfishness
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #933
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
Thank you ever so much, ixtab!
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #934
atleon
Enthusiast
atleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post

Here's version 3.0.0, for both Kindle Touch and Paperwhite. In terms of contained patches, there aren't any changes for Touch users - they're exactly the same as version 2.4.1, and there only have been minor code changes under the hood.

For the Kindle Paperwhite, only one patch is currently available - but that is the single most useful patch (IMO), namely the reader adjustment and hyphenation one. Finally, the book layout isn't an eyesore anymore... I intend to use the Paperwhite to actually read on it during the upcoming holidays, so this was really just pure selfishness
Danke ixtab! Will you develop the rest of the patches for the Paperwhite in the future? Thanks again!
atleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #935
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Woohoo! Thank you so much! Hoping for the font size customization, eventually.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #936
Dworkyll
Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.

Device: iPaq 214, HanLin V5, K3W, K4, KPW, iPad3
Quote:
... so this was really just pure selfishness

Speaking of selfishness, I vote for margin change and the Turn_Light_Off_Entirely options
Dworkyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #937
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:

Here's version 3.0.0, for both Kindle Touch and Paperwhite.
Nice. Not to be asking for too much, but does this work for both 5.3.0 and 5.3.1 - the screenshot you posted was still under 5.3.0? Mine won't show up until later this week - and I assume it would come with 5.3.1 already.

edit: Never mind. found the updated info in first post. It does say for 5.3.1. Thank you for beeing selfish

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 12-16-2012 at 06:17 PM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #938
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dworkyll View Post

Speaking of selfishness, I vote for margin change and the Turn_Light_Off_Entirely options
there is a ;blah debug command to turn off the light. IIRC

GM mentioned it - or niluje - someone anyways...

obviously its not ";blah" before anyone complains, you will have to search for it
Old 12-17-2012, 05:13 AM   #939
blanca_luz
blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle DXi-Touch-Keyboard-FireHD; Nook Touch Glowlight; Sony PRS-T1...
Great, great news!!!!

As soon as everythig works as it does on the K Touch, KPW will be problably the best e-reader in the world :P

Not thanks to Amazon, but to Ixtab.

Thanks!!!
blanca_luz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:47 AM   #940
Dworkyll
Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
... you will have to search for it
Would you be so kind, and give some hints, where to look at? I'm after a few unyielding google passes, obviously I do not know the proper keywords to search for.

Like, how to enter the debug mode on PW, (JB is done), and where can I find a command list.

Many thanks. Seriously.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #941
twobob

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...16&postcount=5

one page back?

but:

Quote:
echo -n LEVEL > /sys/devices/system/fl_tps6116x/fl_tps6116x0/fl_intensity
where LEVEL is an integer between 0 and 254 (or 255?), and 0 means "light off". You have to run these commands from a command line, so install the usbnetwork package and access your device through that.

Sorry, but there is no "step-for-step tutorial" for using Linux command line tools - if you want to dive into it, you have to learn it the hard way, like everybody else here did.
so just shove that in a script. and attach that to an event you can control somehow.

Dont have a PW yet... so not sure on launchers. Sorry

Last edited by twobob; 12-17-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #942
Dworkyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I've seen that one. That is why I'm trying to find out, how to enter the debug mode, in the first place. I can't have grip on the subject just yet, I'm sorry. The wikis are great, but AFAIS they primary purpose is the de-bricking.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #943
twobob

;debugOn ?

I havent really played with it
Old 12-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #944
Dworkyll

Well the actual command ";toggleLight" is unterstood when typed into the searchbar. However it just presents the slider in a horizontal mode, but works exactly the original: does not turn off the light completely.

Which leads us back to the threads topic: how can the JBPatch deal with the light intensity
Old 12-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #945
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
Woohoo! Thank you so much! Hoping for the font size customization, eventually.
Quote:

For all those waiting for other patches: I'll try to *eventually* port these patches to the PW, but as I wrote a few posts back, expect it to be weeks, not days. Some patches will probably be dropped altogether for the PW (like the password one). It's seriously NOT fun at all to fiddle around in obfuscated code, it's tedious, and it's actually pretty boring - knowing that it can be done, because it has been done before..., the only real remaining challenge is the obfuscation, and that's simply not interesting, but only tedious.

That said, the light control is all Javascript and native executables, so there is nothing JBPatch will do about it.

Quote:
Would you be so kind, and give some hints, where to look at? I'm after a few unyielding google passes, obviously I do not know the proper keywords to search for.

Like, how to enter the debug mode on PW, (JB is done), and where can I find a command list.

Many thanks. Seriously.
Quote:
I've seen that one. That is why I'm trying to find out, how to enter the debug mode, in the first place. I can't have grip on the subject just yet, I'm sorry. The wikis are great, but AFAIS they primary purpose is the de-bricking.
There is no debug mode on the Touch and Paperwhite. Well actually, there is, but it only affects logging verbosity. What you are looking for is all contained in what twobob quoted: usbnetwork and shell access.

And about the Wiki: are you serious? Then you must be looking at a different Wiki than I am... This page contains all sorts of information (including the search bar shortcuts you asked for), and only a minimal part of it is even remotely related to debricking.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks