Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 04:27 AM   #31
gnurkel
gnurkel can extract oil from cheesegnurkel can extract oil from cheesegnurkel can extract oil from cheesegnurkel can extract oil from cheesegnurkel can extract oil from cheesegnurkel can extract oil from cheesegnurkel can extract oil from cheesegnurkel can extract oil from cheesegnurkel can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch
Upping the ante

Im throwing in another $16 so I total at half 42...maybe later I will end up at real 42.

I once chipped a ton of xbox'es, and I thoroughly enjoy the media centre functionality on them. Nowadays you have tons of media boxes, a break from Microsoft and an expectation of what media access could and should be like (pushing the media business for realz), and it all started for real with an xbox and a modchip.

Just felt like reminding you nerds out there - although what youre doing might seem nerdy and you will never ever get the credit you are due, it is important! Freedom from corporate control is worth the effort.

Just saying this as I have no expertise in how to crack one of these things, but I do know a thing or two about the importance of cracking the corporate leash!

Go Geekmaster, Yifanlu, Ramirami and all you guys!
gnurkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #32
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnurkel View Post
Im throwing in another $16 so I total at half 42...
Thanks! I updated your donation total (and position) in the first post in this thread.

EDIT: I updated this post -- it did not make sense due to inadequate blood caffeine level.

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-02-2011 at 02:04 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #33
lepel
lepel can extract oil from cheeselepel can extract oil from cheeselepel can extract oil from cheeselepel can extract oil from cheeselepel can extract oil from cheeselepel can extract oil from cheeselepel can extract oil from cheeselepel can extract oil from cheeselepel can extract oil from cheese

Device: Amazon Kindle 4 (No keyboard)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Thanks! I updated your donation total (and position) in the first post in this thread.
But you didn't update total. Must be 261 instead of 245.
And don't blame coffein level in your blood;-)
lepel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #34
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepel View Post
But you didn't update total. Must be 261 instead of 245.
And don't blame coffein level in your blood;-)
Dude! I am a computer programmer -- we thrive on caffeine. I have 250 grams of 99.97% pure anhydrous caffeine, for when my coffee is just not doing the job.

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-02-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #35
idollar
idollar can extract oil from cheeseidollar can extract oil from cheeseidollar can extract oil from cheeseidollar can extract oil from cheeseidollar can extract oil from cheeseidollar can extract oil from cheeseidollar can extract oil from cheeseidollar can extract oil from cheeseidollar can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
A little contribution

Hello yifanlu,

I just sent you a little 15$ contribution.

Thanks a lot for all the effort that you are puting into this project.
I do not kave a k4, just a k3. Consider the contribution as a back-payment :-)

All the best and thanks a lot.
idollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #36
geekmaster

Progress on the K4 (no touch). Root shell in debug mode:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=202
Old 12-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #37
geekmaster

The deed is done (for now)!

The new Kindle Touch Jailbreak will continue to be enhanced and maintained as needed (especially if amazon pushes an update that breaks this jailbreak).

Read all about it here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=160454

And special thanks to yifanlu and all those who supported him!

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-10-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #38
gnurkel
gnurkel can extract oil from cheesegnurkel can extract oil from cheesegnurkel can extract oil from cheesegnurkel can extract oil from cheesegnurkel can extract oil from cheesegnurkel can extract oil from cheesegnurkel can extract oil from cheesegnurkel can extract oil from cheesegnurkel can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch
Super-proud!

I'm super-proud to have been a tiny part of this crack! Makes it worth it. Don't be surprised if another contribution comes in as a thanks for all the fish.

Just hope this crack won't be invalidated by downdates (as opposed to updates) any time soon...
gnurkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:04 AM   #39
relaxpor
relaxpor began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Touch
Just a small amount $10!

Keep it going!
relaxpor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:26 AM   #40
rastik
Connoisseur
rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, Kindle Keyboard
Add my $40 for the fastboot tool, it really has saved my KT.
rastik is offline   Reply With Quote