Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #226
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
Jealous. It's not available here (San Francisco) yet.
What book do you want? I'll check it out and read it for you; then tell you how much you liked it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #227
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All hail the mighty

AMAZON
Old 09-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #228
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Just checked out a book on my Kindle 2!

No firmware updated needed, so I'm assuming the 3.3 update for Kindle 3's has something to do with the Wifi delivery.

Now I can hurry up and wait like the rest of the ebook borrowers.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #229
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
No firmware updated needed, so I'm assuming the 3.3 update for Kindle 3's has something to do with the Wifi delivery.
Could be. I have no idea when mine was updated. I only looked because someone wanted to know. For the most part, I pretty much ignore the updates and let them happen on their own.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-21-2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #230
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Also, once you borrow a book it show up under Manage You Kindle with a public library tag. Under actions you have the option to deliver to another device, purchase, download, return, and delete from library.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #231
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
Can you read it on more than 1 device at the same time and sync locations like a regular Kindle book?
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #232
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
Can you read it on more than 1 device at the same time and sync locations like a regular Kindle book?
Yes and probably.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #233
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

So far, I haven't noticed anything special about these books. They act like any other Kindle book; only they're free and have a reading deadline.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #234
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I got it! I got it! I'll forgive Overdrive and Amazon for not putting me first. This time.

So keep checking.......
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #235
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
It's now available both in San Jose and San Francisco libraries. I am able to check out a book in SJ, but I'm having trouble checking out a book in SF. I tried twice but am not able to get to the Kindle screen. Now it says I have 2 items checked out, neither of which were successful.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #236
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Kentucky Libraries Unbound are going as well.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #237
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool not exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Gotta live in the Emerald City to get Amazon's love
no longer true as of this morning. the riverside/san bernardino library system now has kindle books listed.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:58 PM   #238
JuniperPearl
Enthusiast
JuniperPearl began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire, iPhone 5, Kindle Voyage
Now live in Suffolk county, NY and at the NYPL! I have my first Kindle ebook downloaded and sideloaded onto my K2. Very easy.
JuniperPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #239
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
no longer true as of this morning. the riverside/san bernardino library system now has kindle books listed.
It would seem that Amazon's love only lasts two days
Old 09-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #240
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool better

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It would seem that Amazon's love only lasts two days
i suppose that's better than a one-night-stand!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote