Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-10-2022, 06:37 AM   #46
Steph@Bzh
Steph@Bzh began at the beginning.

Device: Vivlio (Pocketbook) Touch HD Plus
Edit :
{I can try again with "No" but...}

I can do another test, delete my custom column and create another one with a default value of "No" but...
Steph@Bzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 03:05 PM   #47
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Forma, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph@Bzh View Post
... I then unplugged my e-reader and went to see if the book appeared as read on Vivlio but no...
You need to synchronize the device's metadata first, before unplugging it.
(Right-click on the device button, it should be the last option)

Quote:
I can try again with "No" but it actually bothers me a bit. I have over 350 books in my library, many of which I have already read. It would be very annoying if I had to redo everything by hand afterwards...
How do you have handled your read books until now until now in calibre?

Quote:
I can do another test, delete my custom column and create another one with a default value of "No" but...
If you already have marked books in the column, do not delete, else all the marks will be deleted too.

If it still doesn't work, you probably better wait for some answer from the plugins author himself.
Maybe the driver doesn't work correct on your device.

PS: But you are sure that the correct driver is loaded?
Calibre should show "connected to Pocketbook Improved" in the bottom left corner.

Last edited by the_Pan; 11-11-2022 at 05:09 AM.
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2022, 06:43 AM   #48
Steph@Bzh

Quote:
You need to synchronize the device's metadata first, before unplugging it.
(Right-click on the device button, it should be the last option)
As I read this sentence (and the following ones), I wondered if we were talking about the same thing. Trying to understand, I wonder: where should the plugin be installed? In Calibre or on my e-reader? Indeed, I have not any option on my Pocketbook to synchronize.

Quote:
How do you have handled your read books until now until now in calibre?
Until now, I didn't handle my read books in Calibre, I only saw them on my Pocketbook.That's exactly the aim I wanted to install this plugin.

Quote:
If you already have marked books in the column, do not delete, else all the marks will be deleted too.
Ok

Quote:
If it still doesn't work, you probably better wait for some answer from the plugins author himself.
Maybe the driver doesn't work correct on your device.
Yes, that's probably what I'll do.

Quote:
PS: But you are sure that the correct driver is loaded?
Calibre should show "connected to Pocketbook Improved" in the bottom left corner.
I loaded the plugin on page 1 of this thread and installed it on Calibre (error?). I don't see "connected to Pocketbook Improved". I only see "connected to Pocketbook".
Old 11-12-2022, 10:29 AM   #49
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
I loaded the plugin on page 1 of this thread and installed it on Calibre (error?). I don't see "connected to Pocketbook Improved". I only see "connected to Pocketbook".
No, that was not an error, but the plugin can also be installed directly via Calibre.
But the fact that only "connected to Pocketbook" is shown means that a different driver is used for your device.
You can try to find the VENDOR_ID, PRODUCT_ID and BCD of your device to maybe include them into this driver.
Old 11-13-2022, 07:39 AM   #50
Steph@Bzh

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Pan View Post
No, that was not an error, but the plugin can also be installed directly via Calibre.
But the fact that only "connected to Pocketbook" is shown means that a different driver is used for your device.
You can try to find the VENDOR_ID, PRODUCT_ID and BCD of your device to maybe include them into this driver.
Thanks for the idea, but I can't find the informations you are talking about.

I plugged in my e-reader and went through Windows Explorer and Notepad++ but :
- the H:\applications folder is empty
- the files produced by Calibre (driveinfo and metadata) do not contain these informations.
Advert
Old 11-13-2022, 11:40 AM   #51
the_Pan
Connoisseur

You need to run a command in terminal, like "lsusb" on linux, but you need the right command for windows.
Maybe this can help you: https://www.shellhacks.com/windows-l...nt-powershell/
Old 11-13-2022, 02:18 PM   #52
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Thanks for the idea, but I can't find the informations you are talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Pan View Post
You need to run a command in terminal, like "lsusb" on linux, but you need the right command for windows.
Maybe this can help you: https://www.shellhacks.com/windows-l...nt-powershell/
You can get the USB information using Calibre. Go to Preferences / Miscellaneous / Get information to setup the user defined device. Follow the instructions.

Steph@Bzh: you might need to disable the built-in pocketbook driver in Preferences / Plugins. I don't know which one of the several pocketbook drivers it is -- possibly the PocketBook Touch Lux.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 03:34 PM   #53
the_Pan
Connoisseur

Thank you @chaley, I didn't knew that!
Old 12-21-2022, 10:50 AM   #54
Gibook
Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.

Device: kobo glo
calibre, version 6.10.0
ERRORE: Installazione del Plugin fallita: Si è verificato un problema durante l'installazione di questo plugin. Il plugin sarà ora disinstallato. Per favore, riporta il messaggio di errore che segue nella discussione del forum relativa al plugin e riavvia calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 709, in _install_clicked
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 479, in add_plugin
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 64, in load_plugin
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 305, in load
File "polyglot\builtins.py", line 123, in reload
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 169, in reload
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 619, in _exec
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 206, in exec_module
File "calibre_plugins.pocketbook632.__init__", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name 'POCKETBOOK_IMPROVED' from 'calibre_plugins.pocketbook632.device' (C:\Users\Gino\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\Poc ketBook632.zip/device.py)
Gibook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 03:41 PM   #55
Titorico
Titorico began at the beginning.

Device: PB 632
Hi everybody !
impossible for me to install this extension, I get this error message :

calibre, version 6.17.0
ERREUR : L’installation de l’extension a échoué: Un problème est survenu lors de l’installation de cette extension. Cette extension va être maintenant désinstallée. Veuillez svp bien vouloir poster le message d’erreur détaillé ci-dessous dans la discussion du forum relative à cette extension et redémarrer calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 729, in _install_clicked
File "calibre/customize/ui.py", line 513, in add_plugin
File "calibre/customize/ui.py", line 64, in load_plugin
File "calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 305, in load
File "polyglot/builtins.py", line 123, in reload
File "importlib/__init__.py", line 169, in reload
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 619, in _exec
File "calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 206, in exec_module
File "calibre_plugins.pocketbook632.__init__", line 7, in <module>
from calibre_plugins.pocketbook632.device import POCKETBOOK_IMPROVED
ImportError: cannot import name 'POCKETBOOK_IMPROVED' from 'calibre_plugins.pocketbook632.device' (/Users/tit/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/PocketBook632.zip/device.py)

Any idea ?
Thanks
Titorico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 04:46 PM   #56
Titorico
Titorico began at the beginning.

Device: PB 632
... et ce message d'erreur lorsque j'essaie de l'installer avec le fichier .zip :calibre, version 6.17.0 ERREUR : Exception non gérée : <b>InvalidPlugin</b>:Le plugin dans '/Users/tit/Downloads/pocketbook632.zip' n'est pas valide. Il ne contient pas de fichier __init__.py de premier niveau calibre 6.17 embedded-python : Vrai macOS-12.6.1-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '') ('Darwin', '21.6.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 21.6.0 : Thu Sep 29 20:12:57 PDT 2022 ; root:xnu-8020.240.7~1/RELEASE_X86_64') Python 3.10.1 OSX : ('12.6.1', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64') Langage d'interface : fr Plugins tiers initialisés avec succès : Babelio (1, 0, 0) && Babelio Notes (2, 0, 0) && Babelio_db (0, 6, 0) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && Comments Cleaner (1, 10, 0) && Ebook Translator (1, 3, 6) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 3) && Find Duplicates (1 Traceback (dernier appel le plus récent) : Fichier "calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", ligne 325, dans add_plugin Fichier "calibre/customize/ui.py", ligne 513, dans add_plugin Fichier "calibre/customize/ui.py", ligne 64, dans load_plugin Fichier "calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", ligne 298, en charge Fichier "calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", ligne 393, dans _locate_code calibre.customize.InvalidPlugin : Le plugin dans '/Users/tit/Downloads/pocketbook632.zip' n'est pas valide. Il ne contient pas de fichier __init__.py de premier niveau

Thanks !
Titorico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 04:24 AM   #57
the_Pan
Connoisseur

Is this driver still being developed? It's pretty quiet here lately.
Old 06-18-2023, 07:22 AM   #58
zisoft
Enthusiast
zisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolate

Device: Pocketbook HD Touch 3
I'm currently not working on this driver (and "quiet" can mean "it simply works").

Are you missing something?
zisoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 07:59 AM   #59
the_Pan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by zisoft View Post
I'm currently not working on this driver (and "quiet" can mean "it simply works").

Are you missing something?
Well, on U700 (pb era) the long delay after the device is connected to calibre is still there, even with no other plugins installed.
I think it's something with synching the db, or fetching the reading status.
Having to wait about 3 minutes each time after connecting to be able to use Calibre again takes a lot of getting used to.
Old 07-14-2023, 06:54 AM   #60
Moroz1984
Moroz1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook ERA
Read status Sync Pocketbook->Calibre

Hi everyone.
So I've managed to get the read status to sync from Calibre to Pocketbook (ERA) - quite simple process to just update the metadata.

But how do I sync back from Pocketbook to Calibre?
Moroz1984 is offline   Reply With Quote