No these are all plugins I've got.
Attachment 196317

now it seems, that it has resolved itself. It works
Roke97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2022, 10:56 AM   #33
zisoft
Enthusiast
zisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolate

Device: Pocketbook HD Touch 3
glad to hear that
zisoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 06:44 AM   #34
iupiter
iupiter began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Color
Could you add a function to change the collections and genre?
iupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 05:13 PM   #35
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by iupiter View Post
Remember; the classic challenge is that someone has to reverse engineer HOW the PocketBook stores these settings, and whether (or not) they're in a location that is accessible when the device is attached via USB to your computer.

We're lucky in that Kobo does store all this data in an accessible location.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2022, 02:21 AM   #36
zisoft
Enthusiast
zisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by iupiter View Post
The PocketBook automatically transforms the Calibre tags into genres. So if you tag a book as "Thriller" in Calibre, you will find that book under the genre "Thriller" on the device.

What do you expect the driver to do here?
Old 10-01-2022, 08:51 AM   #37
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Forma, Pocketbook Era
are there news about the "long delay issue on device connect"?
As i wrote, it's still the same on pb700
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 09:02 AM   #38
zisoft
Enthusiast

@the_Pan: I'm not able to reproduce this behaviour. Do you have any special plugins installed? Can you please try to deactivate the other PocketBook device drivers and try again?
Old 10-10-2022, 02:28 PM   #39
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

I just installed a fresh and isolated calibre + only the PB improved Driver and YES, the lag is gone.
So it's definitely one of the plugins I use, but which one?
Old 10-11-2022, 04:43 PM   #40
the_Pan
Connoisseur

@zisoft:
I really can't figure out what's the reason for the behaviour.
After installing some of my plugins in the new installation, the lag reappeared. -Okay, expected behaviour-
So I removed the plugins one by one, but it's still there now, even without any other plugins installed!

PS: What puzzles me the most is the fact, that calibre is acting normal if I deactivate the improved driver.

PPS: as I wrote in #26, if I disable the #read column, everything is fine.
But this feature is one of the reasons why I use the improved driver.

+ I deleted all custom columns, didn't install any other plugins but the delay is still there.

Last edited by the_Pan; 10-15-2022 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-01-2022, 03:49 PM   #41
the_Pan
Connoisseur

I just tested once again.
I only installed the pocketbook improved driver, nothing else.
Everything was running fine until I wanted to refresh the metadata on the device
- there was the lag again.

Last edited by the_Pan; 11-04-2022 at 04:14 AM.
Old 11-04-2022, 02:42 AM   #42
zisoft
Enthusiast

Ok, I will check again.

Nobody else encountering this?
Old 11-09-2022, 08:52 AM   #43
Steph@Bzh
Steph@Bzh began at the beginning.

Device: Vivlio (Pocketbook) Touch HD Plus
Hello,

First of all, thank you for your plugin. I must be doing something wrong because it is not working for me.

I use Vivlio/Pocketbook Touch HD plus. I created a column like this and restarted Calibre but it remains completely empty.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-11-09_add-column.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	197628
Is it my column that is created wrong?

Thanks in advance for your answer
Steph@Bzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 01:06 PM   #44
the_Pan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph@Bzh View Post
Hello,

First of all, thank you for your plugin. I must be doing something wrong because it is not working for me.

I use Vivlio/Pocketbook Touch HD plus. I created a column like this and restarted Calibre but it remains completely empty.
Attachment 197628
Is it my column that is created wrong?

Thanks in advance for your answer
first, I don't think it's a good idea, to set all new books to read right away (that's what the last line in the settings does), I would recommend giving this line the starting value "no".
This way all NEW added books will be added with the value "not read". The books already in the library will not be explicitly adjusted, you would have to do that by hand.

Now to your Problem:
Have you already marked a book (for testing) on your Reader as read and synced it with Calibre, or vice versa (set the book in Calibre as read, synchronize and check on the reader)?
Old 11-10-2022, 06:12 AM   #45
Steph@Bzh
Steph@Bzh began at the beginning.

Device: Vivlio (Pocketbook) Touch HD Plus
Hello the_Pan and thank you for your answer which also allowed me to realize that I had forgotten to configure the forum to receive response notifications

In fact, on my first try, I had chosen "No" as default value.
And now, for my 3rd test, I have left the field empty, which gives an undefined value.
The result is still the same: nothing is automatically written in the new column

I also tried what you suggested: to mark a book that I knew I had not read with "yes" on Calibre. I then unplugged my e-reader and went to see if the book appeared as read on Vivlio but no

I can try again with "No" but it actually bothers me a bit. I have over 350 books in my library, many of which I have already read. It would be very annoying if I had to redo everything by hand afterwards...

What do you think?
Steph@Bzh is offline   Reply With Quote