Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-03-2022, 07:06 PM   #16
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by un_pogaz View Post
Also Windows 10, no problem.
Please, share a debug log and/or your versions of Mass Search/Replace and Calibre, so I can understand where your problem comes from.
I am not going to post the debug log here because it it way too long...apparently every restart the plugin needs to "rebuild the menu" for each direction in the plugin. I have a TON of commands in this plugin.

I will send it to you via private message.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 05:35 AM   #17
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
Yes, it's normal that Mass Search/Replace at Calibre startup (because otherwise it wouldn't exist). This is the way all the plugins with dynamic menu work (Open With, Action Chain...) just that here, there is the debug/information that the others don't do.
Normally it doesn't matter, because this is done after the creation of the button and its icon, but maybe when there is a lot of input it slows it down abnormally.
Can you instal this version and send me a log, we can see how long it takes.

Oh, and for very long text, you could use the BBcode SPOILER (which allows to hide the big text).

I'm thinking of some others things: Have you tried reinstalling the plugin?
Do you use custom icons for this plugin (resources\images\Mass Search-Replace)?

EDIT: Do you use/force the of the Light theme?

Last edited by un_pogaz; 04-12-2023 at 04:19 AM.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2022, 05:12 AM   #18
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

New version 1.5.1 that fix this icon issue. The problem came from the management of the icons according to the color theme.
Old 10-13-2022, 09:56 AM   #19
Vampi2009
Vampi2009 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I just updated the plugin and now getting a error saying
"TypeError:Invalide Column metadata".
It worked before the update just perfect.
Vampi2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 11:06 AM   #20
un_pogaz
Chalut o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampi2009 View Post
I just updated the plugin and now getting a error saying
"TypeError:Invalide Column metadata".
It worked before the update just perfect.
Which Column? Which operation?
If you could have a complete log/debug of this error so that I can look at it in detail.
Thanks.
Advert
Old 10-14-2022, 05:08 AM   #21
Vampi2009

I am using this plugin since 4 month or so without any problem.

I also uninstalled and installed the plugin a couples of times but it didnt change anything.
Here the error:

calibre, version 6.6.1
FEHLER: Unbehandelter Ausnahmefehler: <span>The Mass Search-Replace plugin has encounter a unhandled exception.<br><b>TypeError</b>: Invalide Column metadata.

calibre 6.6.1 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19044-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19044')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19044', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: de
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && Action Chains (1, 17, 5) && Author Book Count (2, 2, 2) && BOL_DE (0, 9, 2) && Category Tags (0, 2, 7) && Clean Comments (0, 2, 1) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && Clipboard Search (1, 3, 2) && Count Pages (1, 11, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 15, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 5, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 2, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 7) && Goodreads (1, 7, 0) && Goodreads Sync (1, 15, 6) && Goodreads_Rating (4, 0, 0) && Job Spy (1, 0, 192) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && KFX Input (1, 49, 0) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 29) && Manage Series (1, 4, 0) && Mass Search-Replace (1, 6, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 7, 3) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 89) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && Quick Preferences (1, 6, 1) && Reading List (1, 14, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 1) && Similar Stories (1, 0, 58) && User Category (1, 5, 6) && View Manager (1, 9, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.action", line 373, in _run_search_replaces
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.SearchReplace ", line 126, in operation_testGetError
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.columns_metad ata", line 333, in get_possible_fields
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.columns_metad ata", line 87, in get_columns_where
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.columns_metad ata", line 75, in get_columns_from_dict
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.columns_metad ata", line 75, in <listcomp>
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.columns_metad ata", line 508, in __init__
TypeError: Invalide Column metadata.

I tested a bunch of my other plugins and all seem to work.
Old 10-14-2022, 09:22 AM   #22
un_pogaz
Chalut o/

Okaaayy.
Can you try this test version, so that I can have more information.
Thanks

Last edited by un_pogaz; 10-16-2022 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-14-2022, 11:56 AM   #23
Vampi2009

calibre 6.7 embedded-python: True
Python 3.10.1
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && Action Chains (1, 17, 5) && Author Book Count (2, 2, 2) && BOL_DE (0, 9, 2) && Category Tags (0, 2, 7) && Clean Comments (0, 2, 1) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && Clipboard Search (1, 3, 2) && Count Pages (1, 11, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 15, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 5, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 2, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 7) && Goodreads (1, 7, 0) && Goodreads Sync (1, 15, 6) && Goodreads_Rating (4, 0, 0) && Job Spy (1, 0, 192) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && KFX Input (1, 49, 0) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 29) && Manage Series (1, 4, 0) && Mass Search-Replace (1, 6, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 7, 3) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 89) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && QuarantineAndScrub (3, 6, 119) && Quick Preferences (1, 6, 1) && Reading List (1, 14, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 1) && Similar Stories (1, 0, 58) && User Category (1, 5, 6) && View Manager (1, 9, 0)
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.action", line 203, in show_configuration
File "calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 166, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.__init__" , line 77, in config_widget
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.config", line 188, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.config", line 416, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.config", line 429, in populate_table
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.config", line 442, in populate_table_row
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.config", line 485, in set_editable_cells_in_row
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.config", line 682, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.config", line 687, in setMenu
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.config", line 713, in hasError
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.SearchReplace ", line 124, in operation_testGetError
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.columns_metad ata", line 333, in get_possible_fields
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.columns_metad ata", line 87, in get_columns_where
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.columns_metad ata", line 75, in get_columns_from_dict
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.columns_metad ata", line 75, in <listcomp>
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.columns_metad ata", line 512, in __init__
Old 10-14-2022, 01:42 PM   #24
un_pogaz
Chalut o/

Tanks for the reply, unfortunately this log does not provide me any useful information. It is clear that this is the right test version. Did you send me the complete log?

Open Calibre, on the Preference button, click on the "Restart Calibre in debug mode" (keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shit+R).
After the restart, do the operation that raise the error, after that, copy-paste the content of the text file that which has just opened.

Or use this command and send me the "calibre-debug.log" create in your user folder?
Code:
calibre-debug.exe -g > calibre-debug.log

Last edited by un_pogaz; 10-14-2022 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-15-2022, 05:27 AM   #25
Vampi2009

I restarted with Crtl + Shift + R and then clicked on the pugin "customize plugin" and got this:
calibre, version 6.7.0
Fehlerdiagnosemodus: <p>Sie haben Calibre im Fehlerdiagnosemodus gestartet. Beim Verlassen des Programms wird ein Fehlerdiagnoseprotokoll erstellt: C:\Users\MS\AppData\Local\Temp\tmphqp7ghc9.txt<p>D as Protokoll wird automatisch angezeigt.

calibre, version 6.7.0
FEHLER: Unbehandelter Ausnahmefehler: <b>TypeError</b>:Invalide Column metadata.

calibre 6.7 embedded-python: True
Python 3.10.1
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && Action Chains (1, 17, 5) && Author Book Count (2, 2, 2) && BOL_DE (0, 9, 2) && Category Tags (0, 2, 7) && Clean Comments (0, 2, 1) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && Clipboard Search (1, 3, 2) && Count Pages (1, 11, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 15, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 5, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 2, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 7) && Goodreads (1, 7, 0) && Goodreads Sync (1, 15, 6) && Goodreads_Rating (4, 0, 0) && Job Spy (1, 0, 192) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && KFX Input (1, 49, 0) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 29) && Manage Series (1, 4, 0) && Mass Search-Replace (1, 6, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 7, 3) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 89) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && QuarantineAndScrub (3, 6, 119) && Quick Preferences (1, 6, 1) && Reading List (1, 14, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 1) && Similar Stories (1, 0, 58) && User Category (1, 5, 6) && View Manager (1, 9, 0)
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.action", line 203, in show_configuration
File "calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 166, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.__init__" , line 77, in config_widget
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.config", line 188, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.config", line 416, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.config", line 429, in populate_table
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.config", line 442, in populate_table_row
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.config", line 485, in set_editable_cells_in_row
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.config", line 682, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.config", line 687, in setMenu
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.config", line 713, in hasError
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.SearchReplace ", line 124, in operation_testGetError
File "calibre_plugins.mass_search_replace.columns_metad ata", line 512, in __init__
Old 10-15-2022, 08:01 AM   #26
un_pogaz
Chalut o/

I just remembered that the message given by Calibre alone will not be enough.

You should send me the content of this file:
C:\Users\MS\AppData\Local\Temp\tmphqp7ghc9.txt
Every time Calibre is started in debug mode, it creates a file in C:\Users\MS\AppData\Local\Temp\, and when you close Calibre, this file will be opened automatically.
So after restart in debug > do the operation that raise the error > Close Calibre normaly > copy-paste the all content of the text file that which has just opened.
(I recommend to use the [SPOILER] tag because it is a very big text, or even send a copy of the file)

Sorry if I don't seem very clear, but this is the first time that I'm trying to debug and fix a problem that doesn't happen on my PC.
Thanks
Old 10-15-2022, 09:35 AM   #27
Vampi2009

Next try but I think this is what you need:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/81jtzznfza...7ghc9.txt?dl=0
Old 10-15-2022, 11:27 AM   #28
un_pogaz
Chalut o/

That it, Thanks

Do you have a recently defined a user category "Favorit Autoren" in your library?
You are most certainly the first to use Mass Search/Replace with 'user category' defined.
I am working on it, sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT:
Probably fixed, can you test this version?

Last edited by un_pogaz; 04-12-2023 at 04:19 AM.
Old 10-16-2022, 09:05 AM   #29
Vampi2009

No change, still the error.
And yes I have a category "Favorit Autoren" but that I have since 2 years and I didnt changed it in the last few month. And I dont use the Mass Search/Replace with "user category".
I use it for:
- replace the word "german edition" in the title
- change from Autor to AutorSort
- move Series in front of Title
- remove "-" or "_"
Thats it.
Old 10-16-2022, 09:12 AM   #30
Vampi2009

If its only me having this problem then just drop it. I will not make you work this hard to find a solution just for one person. I will get a new system soon and then will install it again and give it a try. For now I can use a other tool for doing the same renamings.
Thanks anyway