Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-08-2022, 08:16 PM   #1
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Kobo only makes E Ink devices now

I just got tired of that stupid "KOBO Really Sucks" thread being the very first thing anyone coming to the Kobo section of MobileReads saw, so I'm starting this topic to bump that one out of first place. After all, most of us here are satisfied Kobo users.

And just so this isn't a useless post, here's the official Kobo guide to identifying which Kobo tablet (or Kobo E Ink device) you have; scroll down for the tablet descriptions:

https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...or-Kobo-tablet
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 08:27 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2022, 04:56 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
I just got tired of that stupid "KOBO Really Sucks" thread being the very first thing anyone coming to the Kobo section of MobileReads saw, so I'm starting this topic to bump that one out of first place. After all, most of us here are satisfied Kobo users.

And just so this isn't a useless post, here's the official Kobo guide to identifying which Kobo tablet (or Kobo E Ink device) you have; scroll down for the tablet descriptions:

https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...or-Kobo-tablet
Very well done. Thank you.

JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 12:48 PM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Kudos also to RobertJSawyer. I didn’t mind the sentiment as much as I minded the vulgarity, but not to the extent I felt justified in changing it.

With that said, I’m going to separate out the “Why I love my Kobos” posts from this thread, start a new thread and move it to the main Kobo forum. No point to the disconnect in Kobo eink love in the defunct tablet subforum!

ETA: New thread.

Last edited by issybird; 11-09-2022 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Add link.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 06:25 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Kudos also to RobertJSawyer. I didn’t mind the sentiment as much as I minded the vulgarity, but not to the extent I felt justified in changing it.

With that said, I’m going to separate out the “Why I love my Kobos” posts from this thread, start a new thread and move it to the main Kobo forum. No point to the disconnect in Kobo eink love in the defunct tablet subforum!

ETA: New thread.
If you move the other thread to the Kobo Reader forum (where it belongs), then eventually, it will sink into the background and not be seen.
Advert
Old 11-10-2022, 10:23 AM   #6
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you move the other thread to the Kobo Reader forum (where it belongs), then eventually, it will sink into the background and not be seen.
Sigh. Usually I’m all over moving threads to the right forum, but I thought I’d leave this one, in part because it would be seen by fewer people and in part because it attested to the lack of knowledge of the OP. My cunning plan was to wait until people stopped posting in it and then move it, where it would immediately disappear. Unfortunately, I’ve been foiled so far by posters who keep bumping it. It’s their right, of course; we have a liberal policy regarding thread drift and not closing threads. So as long as people are having their fun - and getting exercised enough to post counts as fun - no harm done. Someday, it will be gone.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 02:47 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Sigh. Usually I’m all over moving threads to the right forum, but I thought I’d leave this one, in part because it would be seen by fewer people and in part because it attested to the lack of knowledge of the OP. My cunning plan was to wait until people stopped posting in it and then move it, where it would immediately disappear. Unfortunately, I’ve been foiled so far by posters who keep bumping it. It’s their right, of course; we have a liberal policy regarding thread drift and not closing threads. So as long as people are having their fun - and getting exercised enough to post counts as fun - no harm done. Someday, it will be gone.
It will never be gone until it fades to at least the 5th page of the forum. And that will never happen while it's in the wrong place.