Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-10-2023, 11:17 PM   #61
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try this ==>> HTG: How to Restart Windows’ Explorer.exe

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 07:46 AM   #62
wiso
Enthusiast
wiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it is

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomboAhi View Post
I am having an issue where it constantly reports each and every folder as being opened in another program. It could be after a clean boot, no other apps open, and it does not matter where the folder is located. Same error each time. Even with a single MP3 in the folder.

Might you have any idea on what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.
Hello, this error is due to a lack of permissions in some folder by Caliber, 2 options occur to me:

1) In the plugin configuration folder in caliber "C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Calibre" the folder Caliber SHOULD have permissions (Read, Write and Execution on ur user, SYSTEM user and admin users)

2) The folder where you save the audios must also have read-write permissions
wiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 10:14 AM   #63
TomboAhi
TomboAhi began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I had already tried this, along with the following:

* fresh boot
* kill all explorer processes entirely (no UI)
* I even used Process Monitor looking for any open handles to the path of the files and nothing outside of Calibre showed up.
TomboAhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 10:19 AM   #64
TomboAhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiso View Post
Hello, this error is due to a lack of permissions in some folder by Caliber, 2 options occur to me:

1) In the plugin configuration folder in caliber "C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Calibre" the folder Caliber SHOULD have permissions (Read, Write and Execution on ur user, SYSTEM user and admin users)

2) The folder where you save the audios must also have read-write permissions
Hi Wiso,

Thanks for the response.

I did confirm the above suggestions, but since the path of the audios and my calibre libraries for that matter are/were on a network share, I created a new library in C:\Users\USER\... and added a book fresh just to rule out something network related.

All other aspects of Calibre seems to work. One other thing I did was disable all plugins just to be sure there were no conflicts there.
Old 07-16-2023, 10:21 AM   #65
TomboAhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomboAhi View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I had already tried this, along with the following:

* fresh boot
* kill all explorer processes entirely (no UI)
* I even used Process Monitor looking for any open handles to the path of the files and nothing outside of Calibre showed up.
I meant, process explorer.
Old 08-01-2023, 10:01 AM   #66
D_Tomblin
Dave
D_Tomblin began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Same - Same

I've been banging my head with this plugin for the past 2 updates of calibre (now using 6.23). The precise error thrown from calibre is:
Spoiler:

calibre, version 6.23.0
ERROR: Cannot open file or folder as it is in use: The folder '<Path to files>' is opened in another program, so calibre cannot access it.This is usually caused by leaving Windows explorer or a similar file manager open to a folder in the calibre library. Close Windows explorer and retry.

calibre 6.23 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 2, 0) && DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 2, 0) && Annotations (1, 17, 13) && AudioBook_Duration (1, 0, 9) && Author Book Count (2, 2, 3) && Barnes & Noble (1, 5, 2) && Check Books (0, 1, 8) && Clean Comments (0, 2, 1) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && Comments Cleaner (1, 10, 0) && Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 46) && Count Pages (1, 13, 0) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 6, 6) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 5) && EpubSplit (3, 6, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 6, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 6, 3) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 3, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 8) && Generate Cover (2, 3, 2) && Goodreads (1, 7, 9) && Goodreads Sync (1, 16, 3) && Goodreads_Rating (4, 0, 0) && ISFDB3 (1, 2, 2) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 2, 0) && KFX Input (2, 2, 0) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && Kobo Books (1, 9, 2) && Library Codes (1, 0, 65) && Manage Series (1, 5, 1) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 1) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 96) && Open With (1, 8, 1) && Overdrive Link (2, 56, 0) && Quality Check (1, 13, 4) && Quick Preferences (1, 7, 0) && Resize Cover (1, 2, 0) && Save To Format (0, 0, 6) && Search The Internet (1, 10, 1) && Smashwords Metadata (1, 0, 2) && Standard Ebooks (1, 0, 0) && TTS to MP3 (0, 6, 0) && User Category (1, 6, 0) && View Manager (1, 10, 2) && Overdrive Link Metadata Source (2, 56, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\utils\copy_files.py", line 112, in _open_file
PermissionError: [WinError 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: '<Path to files>'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
Spoiler:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.AudioBook_Duration.main", line 250, in update_duration
File "calibre\db\legacy.py", line 588, in set_metadata
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 85, in call_func_with_lock
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 1691, in set_metadata
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 1686, in set_field
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 1481, in set_field
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 1726, in windows_check_if_files_in_use
File "calibre\utils\copy_files.py", line 252, in windows_check_if_files_in_use
File "calibre\utils\copy_files.py", line 136, in __enter__
File "calibre\utils\copy_files.py", line 132, in open_all_handles
File "calibre\utils\copy_files.py", line 123, in _open_file
File "calibre\utils\copy_files.py", line 112, in _open_file
PermissionError: [WinError 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: '<Path to files>'

I'm not certain where the initial error lies, but it doesn't mention the actual MP3|M4A audiobook file, only the parent folder. Unfortunately, I'm not a python scripter, so I cannot be of much assistance.

Last edited by theducks; 08-01-2023 at 12:50 PM. Reason: spoilered log
D_Tomblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 12:58 PM   #67
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If this is like the similar issue with PDF, I must close (or load a different file) the viewer/player. Just having a file on the 'to play' (not a m3u type list) list can block things
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 07:12 PM   #68
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Tomblin View Post
I've been banging my head with this plugin for the past 2 updates of calibre (now using 6.23).

. . .
If you have a Windows Explorer window open, try closing it.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 01:31 PM   #69
D_Tomblin
Dave
D_Tomblin began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Hi folks. I've been using calibre now for quite some time now, and am not a python developer. I have an issue with this plugin that surfaced - for me - a few minor versions back. Is anyone -else- that uses this plugin on Windows 10 having permission issues? If the code isn't being maintained and updated, is anyone else looking at creating a similar plugin for calibre? I'm pretty sure I can do it with PowerShell and just do the database updates myself, but the convenience just isn't there with that sort of solution.

Back in post #13, the dev stated:

Windows (Plugin is working) Tested on windows 10
Maybe fail if calibre plugin folder doesn't have permisión for all users, i tryied to solve this and i think its solved.

Can someone clarify that for me? Does that relate to permissions on the library folder, or the plugins folder, or the program install folder...or any combination of? If it's still working in caliber v6.29, I might just have something set differently, since I've been using it, since...wow. My first book was added to calibre on 1 August of 2010...and I've never looked to another solution.
D_Tomblin is offline   Reply With Quote