Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-27-2023, 04:37 AM   #16
Unseen Entities
Enthusiast
Unseen Entities began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Regarding support for merging azw3+azw6...

Not sure if it would help with plugin development but the python 2 script in this thread does work to dump images from AZW6 files. (Doesnt merge them however.)
Unseen Entities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 12:12 PM   #17
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseen Entities View Post
Regarding support for merging azw3+azw6...

Not sure if it would help with plugin development but the python 2 script in this thread does work to dump images from AZW6 files. (Doesnt merge them however.)
This plugin has been based in part on the python script in that post from the begining.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 11:22 PM   #18
tassss
tassss began at the beginning.

Device: none
While the plugin works fine when I import 1 azw and 1 res files that are in the same folder, may I know how could I merge the azw3 and res files that have been already imported to the calibre before installing the plugin

I try to import the folder to contain both the azw3 and res files, and the plugin does not seem to merge the files when I try to re-add the book to calibre again
tassss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 09:06 AM   #19
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassss View Post
While the plugin works fine when I import 1 azw and 1 res files that are in the same folder, may I know how could I merge the azw3 and res files that have been already imported to the calibre before installing the plugin

I try to import the folder to contain both the azw3 and res files, and the plugin does not seem to merge the files when I try to re-add the book to calibre again
Have you tried copying the whole folder out of the calibre library, then deleting the book from library, and reimport the folder (now outside the calibre library) back? If there is multiple formats, it might work by copying the azw3 out and deleting just that format. Then reimport.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 10:06 AM   #20
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassss View Post

The plugin activates when a file with a ".azw" extension is imported. It searches for another file in the same folder with a ".azw.res" extension.

When a book in KF8 format is imported into calibre it changes the extension from ".azw" to ".azw3" so that would have to be changed back. Also if you separately imported the ".azw.res" file calibre only keeps the final extension so it will become ".res" instead. So in order to make this work you need to restore the original extensions for both files before reimporting.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 08:13 PM   #21
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Several people have asked for changes to this plugin to enable merging AZW3 and AZW6 files from books extracted from Kindle devices such as the Paperwhite 1 (5th gen). Since ATimson has not posted here on MobileRead for several months, I took a look at this plugin and came up with a new version (1.1.0) to add that functionality. The revised plugin file is attached. (Hopefully ATimson will not be offended by my stepping in to update the plugin.)

The changes are:

Handle the file layout of books on e-ink Kindle devices. The plugin will now look for a .azw6 file in the .sdr folder associated with the book.

Images in a .azw6 file from a Kindle device are often in JPEG-XR format. These will be converted to JPEG so that they will be rendered properly.

Fix a bug that would sometimes cause images to be replaced by a different image than the intended one.

A further update to this plugin has been made by DuckieTigger. See this post for details.

Last edited by jhowell; 03-11-2023 at 09:01 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 08:44 PM   #22
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Several people have asked for changes to this plugin to enable merging AZW3 and AZW6 files from books extracted from Kindle devices such as the Paperwhite 1 (5th gen). Since ATimson has not posted here on MobileRead for several months, I took a look at this plugin and came up with a new version (1.1.0) to add that functionality. The revised plugin file is attached. (Hopefully ATimson will not be offended by my stepping in to update the plugin.)

The changes are:

Handle the file layout of books on e-ink Kindle devices. The plugin will now look for a .azw6 file in the .sdr folder associated with the book.

Images in a .azw6 file from a Kindle device are often in JPEG-XR format. These will be converted to JPEG so that they will be rendered properly.

Fix a bug that would sometimes cause images to be replaced by a different image than the intended one.
Thank you. Tested it with a split book, directly from my PW1 which is split. Adding it to the library creates a DRM free AZW3 with all the images. Obviously the images are all in B/W. This was a KU book, btw.
Old 03-11-2023, 08:54 PM   #23
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Several people have asked for changes to this plugin to enable merging AZW3 and AZW6 files from books extracted from Kindle for Android, so I added it to jhowell's changes.

The changes are:

Handle the file layout of books on Android devices. The plugin will now look for a .ast file in the folder associated with the book.

I added a minor version to it from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1

jhowell, sorry about the plagiarism, and thank you for the support to get it working.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AZW6 Image Merge.zip (6.6 KB, 1406 views)
Old 10-10-2023, 02:12 AM   #24
sashsz
sashsz began at the beginning.

Device: android
Hello all,

I have a situation where the .ast file is not taken with the .prc file by this plugin (v.1.1.1).
What should be provided for further investigation.
On other books it works just fine.
sashsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 05:13 PM   #25
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashsz View Post
Hello all,

I have a situation where the .ast file is not taken with the .prc file by this plugin (v.1.1.1).
What should be provided for further investigation.
On other books it works just fine.
I only had that happen once, and it was caused by multiple .ast files. It only works if there is exactly ONE .ast file for some reason. I don't customary program Python, just learned enough of the syntax to get by. If you look at the code, my addition is a simple copy and paste job.