Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-15-2023, 04:38 AM   #226
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
that commit assumes images are in the plugin root which. I suppose adding support for an extra images sub-folder shouldnt be too bad.
This is more-or-less required, because plugins put the default icons in an images subdirectory in the zip file.

And FWIW: if I remove 'images' as in
Code:
icon = get_icons('icon.png', 'Interface Plugin Demo')
it works if the overridden icons exist. As a consequence of the above, it doesn't work if there aren't any overridden icons.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 04:47 AM   #227
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...ff68e1444a769b
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 04:52 AM   #228
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Works fine now. I tested without any overrides, using a plain override in an images subfolder(icon.png), and a theme-based icon (icon-for-light-theme.png).
Old 09-15-2023, 05:27 AM   #229
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thanks everyone

Just to be sure, in the past I always put the icons in 'resources\images\PluginName'.

Should I put the icons in 'resources\images\PluginName\images' or in 'resources\images\PluginName'?
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 06:06 AM   #230
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas F View Post
Should I put the icons in 'resources\images\PluginName\images' or in 'resources\images\PluginName'?
Depends on what the plugin uses. The interface demo plugin uses an images sub-folder.
Old 09-15-2023, 06:18 AM   #231
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Depends on what the plugin uses. The interface demo plugin uses an images sub-folder.
Ok thank you
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 07:42 AM   #232
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Great!

Now that @chaley mentioned, I remember the reason I decided not to use get_icons() directly: the 'images' sub-folder.

Two questions:

1) My plugin zip file contains two sets of icons, so it works for both themes out of the box. Would it be possible for calibre to look for the variants inside the zip file too?
2) Sometimes, I use calibre general icons (like 'marked.png'). The problem is get_icons() do not look for those. Would it be possible to include general icons?
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 10:09 AM   #233
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

If you are using a calibre icon just use it directly, there is no reason to call get_icons(). Why would you want to do that?
Old 09-15-2023, 10:10 AM   #234
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Thanks, Kovid. New version works for me.

FYI, my plugins' get_icon() looks first for eg 'icon.png' then automatically 'images/icon.png' to cover both cases.

And I use it for calibre icons all the time without issue.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 10:33 AM   #235
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Thanks, Kovid. New version works for me.

FYI, my plugins' get_icon() looks first for eg 'icon.png' then automatically 'images/icon.png' to cover both cases.

And I use it for calibre icons all the time without issue.
Sure, my version works too. I'm tlaking about calibre get_icons(). It doesn't get calibre icons.
Old 09-15-2023, 10:35 AM   #236
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
If you are using a calibre icon just use it directly, there is no reason to call get_icons(). Why would you want to do that?
Sorry. How can I use directly?
Old 09-15-2023, 10:35 AM   #237
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Sure, my version works too. I'm tlaking about calibre get_icons(). It doesn't get calibre icons.
If you know the icon is a calibre icon then use cal_icon = QIcon.ic('icon.png')
Old 09-15-2023, 10:37 AM   #238
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
If you know the icon is a calibre icon then use cal_icon = QIcon.ic('icon.png')
Of course. Thanks!