Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 08:39 AM   #1
olaghair
olaghair began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Opus
Opus slowed down by SD card

Hi, everybody !

I bought a Bookeen Opus recently and I am very happy with it.
A few days ago, I wanted to put a MicroSd card into it.
I bought a Verbatim 2 Go card. It is fat32 formatted.
When I insert it into the Opus, everything becomes extremely slow. Whatever the button I push, it takes between 10 to 15 seconds to respond.
For instance a simple 'next page' takes about 10 sec.
Everything goes back to OK as soon as the card is pulled out.

Has anyone witnessed such a weird thing ?
Could it be the card or its format ?

Thanks for any beginning of answer.
olaghair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
fat32 seams good.

In the library ? The first time, the cybook with generate metadata, thumbnail if they aren't there.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
olaghair

I understand this. But it would not go any faster after several hours even if there was only one book on the card.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Did you noticed anything when putting the book on the sd with the PC ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #5
olaghair

I first tried by writing a small arborescence. A main directory, three sub-directories and I placed a dozen of books in each. Reasonable to start with, isn't it?
Then as I had this problem, I deleted all and restarted again. As this was not getting any better, I copied less and less books at every try. I ended with one file in the root of the card.
I reformatted the card several times to be sure. I never noticed anything wrong when copying from the PC.
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #6
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Strange,*I never heard of such a problem. Do you checked your SD*card with your computer? (and better using the Opus as a SD*Drive)

Do you try with another SD card? Do you have a Colored Opus with the 2.1 firmware?

You should contact Bookeen anyway.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:44 AM   #7
olaghair

I tried everything you suggested. Everything works perfectly as far as copying from and to the card. But the Opus is still slow when the card is in. (Even with no file into it)
I'm gonna get another card ASAP. My Opus is a Color one (new generation) but the Boo reader version is 2.0 (build 1193) and the adobe reader mobile is V 9.1 (build 28890).
Anyway I only read 'epub' format.
I thought I had read that one should not update an Opus Color because the software was too old.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:46 AM   #8
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Try the latest firmware, you have an old one. 2.1 is the newer one, and your SD issue may be resolved with.

There are many version of the 2.0 firmware, and the public one is not colored opus compatible. The build 1193 is newer than the 2.0 public.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:55 AM   #9
olaghair

Hi,
I bought another 2Go MicroSd card and slid it into the Opus. I works perfectly.
I also put the 'faulty' SD card into my Nokia cell phone and it works perfectly with it.
Vas comprendre...
The new card (a Dane-elec) is FAT formatted.
Do you think I should try and update the Opus to the 2.1 firmware. I read on the How to file that the card should be FAT32 formatted.