Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-18-2010, 04:15 AM   #1
rmettier
rmettier began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Switched page forward/back buttons?

Reading in the train to work today, and I had to wonder:

How hard would it be to switch the forward and back buttons (purely from a software PoV, I don't want to carve up the actual device) on the side of the nook? So that the top buttons would then be the forward buttons and the lower ones the back buttons?
I ask, because when holding the nook confortably, in either hand, my thumb is right on the back button, which I very rarely use.
rmettier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:56 AM   #2
rmettier
rmettier began at the beginning.

Sorry posted too soon.

Seems this has been dealt with already, and it's really easy to do:

http://nookdevs.com/Button_mappings

So I guess I know what I'll be trying this evening
rmettier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
madmak
madmak began at the beginning.

Will this impact the firmware force-upgrade process? Current to force an upgrade, you need to keep the top right button pressed while restarting.
madmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:16 AM   #4
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
I'm going to guess not. At the point when the keystroke for a force-update is scanned, the nook is still under the control of the SPL bootloader (I'm guessing) and the Android OS (which controls how user interface happens) hasn't loaded yet. The keymap would be loaded later on in the whole boot process.
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote