Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 05-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
voidru
voidru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle Touch periodical generation

Hi,

I have well-formed .opf, .ncx files, and a bunch of .html files to generate periodical MOBI.

Kindlegen 2.4 gives me the result with no images, author names, summaries (see 1st attachment), there are only headlines and articles in this MOBI.

I tried to zip everything, added zip archive as a book in Calibre library, then I converted everything to MOBI format. When I opened that MOBI file on my Kindle Touch, it looked like a book, sections and articles were missing. I got the same result after AZW3 conversion.

Calibre can do this job just brilliant (see the 2nd attachment). But it only works when I use 'Fetch News' feature.

Is there any way I can get the same result without writing recipes?
Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-05-20T15_54_14-0400.gif
Views:	257
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	87105   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-05-30T21_26_42-0400.gif
Views:	262
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	87106  
voidru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have to tell calibre that the file you are converting is a periodical, then calibre will do the needful. Use the debug option in calibre to see what fields are needed in the opf for a periodical.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
noisy
noisy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You have to tell calibre that the file you are converting is a periodical, then calibre will do the needful. Use the debug option in calibre to see what fields are needed in the opf for a periodical.

How exactly do that?
noisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:31 PM   #4
waski
waski began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
As voidru, im trying to make my periodical look more like calibre's "the guardian", but i cant. I think i searched everywhere.

Is there any chance, that you could write how to use this debug option?? I thought that if i open calibre in debug mode, and than try to download the news it'll work, but i didnt get what i need
waski is offline   Reply With Quote