Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
FoxkehKayak
Edge User

Gallery: blurry images and navigation

Hi,
When I view images in the gallery, they are always initially blurry and then turn clear. If I want to scroll through them manually, it takes a second for them to sharpen, but by that time, the controls have disappeared so I have to tap twice to go to the next image.This is not intuitive, especially when I give the Edge to someone else to look at pictures. Is there any way to make the control stay longer or to forgo the blurry preview?

Second, I can view the images as a slide show. This feature is great, but the pictures are always the blurry preview version, not the sharp image. This makes the sideshow feature useless. Is there anyway to make it show the full image?

Thanks!

Old 12-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

The blurry preview is possibly because the images are too large and high def for the eDGe screen, requiring the eDGe to resample each one. The eDGe isn't a powerhouse, so this takes time.

You can use a PC or Mac to resize the images to the eDGe screen resolution.

Alternatively, these could be progressive JPEGs or something similar where the viewer can grab a fast "thumbnail" sort of image and then display the full detail a second later. Again resampling/resizing the images on a PC/Mac should help this.

Advert
Old 12-06-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
FoxkehKayak
Edge User

The Pictures are from my digital camera, jpgs 1.4mb. I also tried some png images from 100-800kb but I get the exact same behavior.
Will try changing the resolution of the images but if that is it I will be sad. Was hoping to transfer them with my cameras SD directly.