Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 05-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Nook for Android 2.6.1

A while back, I cancelled all my B&N magazine and newspaper subscriptions. I really liked the cooking magazines, but I'm running CM7 off the SD card, and even though it is super easy to pop the SD card out and run the stock software, I never really wanted to, even to get at my magazines.

I noticed the other day when I was updating apps on my phone that the B&N Nook for Android 2.6.1 update claimed that tablet devices would be able to access the magazines through the updated app. I downloaded the update onto my Nook Color and it works! So I'm probably going to start up my subscriptions again.

It seems like they've tried to flow the update to the PC app as well, but it seems to be a little buggy. I can read "Taste of Home" on my PC, but not "National Geographic", "Everyday Food", or "Food Network Magazine". It's possible that the publisher just didn't want those on the PC app, BUT the error message looks a little more raw than what I would expect if the refusal to read/download was expected behavior.

Anyway, just an FYI for CM7 users. Return to your regularly scheduled program.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote