Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 03-12-2021, 09:12 PM   #1
Dartwada
Dartwada began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Invalid page error

It looks like some older readers, including the prs-300, cannot load books if they have chapters above a certain length or themselves are above a certain length.

Is there a fix for this? it doesn't seem that prs+ modifies this behavior at all. Is it a memory issue? should I just give up and buy a modern ereader?
Dartwada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:33 AM   #2
acanthicus
Connoisseur
acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-350, PRS-T3
Hi,

the epub consists or consisted back then of several html-files (one for each chapter for example), but I don't recall the maximum size of one of these files.
I'm using calibre to convert into epub. In this program you find a setting in (I don't know the original english wording, because I'm using the german program):__settings - conversion - output - epub output - check: split files larger than 260kb__, so maybe you can research the limitations from here. And you can feed calibre with an "modern" epub to create a new epub with those file settings.

If you should by a new one: I'm sure you will get different answers to that question. I'm quite happy with my old readers. I'm still using the oldest one (PRS-505, love it!) alternately with the little less older ones and have changed all the batteries apart from the T3.

And, I like the PRS+ firmware of the older sony readers much more than the android of the T3.
acanthicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert