Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 04-28-2023, 12:30 PM   #1
nightmodeguy
Enthusiast
nightmodeguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Auro One
Some difficulties with this forum

I am grateful for this forum, but I have had some difficulties. First of all the necessity to solve a captcha puzzle every time I post has burned up a lot of my time. Sometimes I’m able to solve them, and sometimes not, as I am recovering from some eye issues. It would seem to me that once one has been excepted on this forum, that that requirement should be dropped. Also, there are simpler “I am a human” tests that could be employed, such as type in the letters you

Also, I can’t figure out how to edit my post, and this morning, trying to reply to my own post to clarify my question, do so.

I did not want to simply post a new thread, don’t know how to contact the administrator, so I’m posting here.

On the off chance that someone in this lounge might know, I’m posting the concern for which I’ve received no answers thus far.

“ I wish I could edit the title of my post as this title does not really specifically address my issue.

I was hoping that someone familiar with developer mode would have a general answer to how to save settings.

I read about other people adjusting the front lighting LEDs with success, but every time I change the White LED setting,
it reverts back when I return to the Kobo desktop.

I did try the save logs option on the previous developers option page, but that not only did not work, but it seems to have prevented me from even temporarily increasing the brightness of the white LED

Isn’t there anybody out there that is interested in the same modification?“

Thanks!
nightmodeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 02:21 PM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
First of all, I've updated your status from newbie which should help with some of your issues. You should be able to see the edit button now. As for solving a captcha, when you sign in, tick the box for staying signed in and the captcha will be gone.

I've also moved the post to the Feedback forum, where forum issues go.

Title change: once you hit edit, go to advanced options which should let you change the title. If not, you can always report a post (bottom left) and ask the mods.

I've approved your post about Kobo issues in the Kobo forum. You also shouldn't need to wait on approval any more.

Last edited by issybird; 04-28-2023 at 02:24 PM.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 03:19 PM   #3
nightmodeguy
Enthusiast
nightmodeguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Auro One
Thank you, issybird, for your gracious response.

I’ve been dealing with some eye issues, and being able to invert the screen has helped reduce eyestrain.

It’s frustrating that the kobo has the capacity to increase the white LED output, but I seem to have fallen down the rabbit hole.

If you read my posts I was initially able to increase the white LED, which really helped my situation, but after a few moments, it reverted to the default setting.

I then hit up on the idea of saving the log, which, unfortunately further locked down the default setting.

If you happen to know of any resources to address this problem, I really appreciate it. And once again, thank you for your help!
nightmodeguy is offline   Reply With Quote